How to Become an IBPS SO: Know Everything Here
Every year, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS SO exam. This exam aims to select specialist officers (SO) for various public sector banks. The Common Written Examination is conducted by the IBPS (CWE).
Through the CWE, the institution hires officers and clerks. The official application form for the exam can be completed through the official website. If you are planning to take the IBPS SO exam, you can get a brief overview of the 1. exam's eligibility requirements and 2. the types of job posts available after passing it.
|Table of Content|
The IBPS SO age limit for the general category is as follows:
|Age Criteria||Age Limit|
|Maximum age for IBPS SO||30 Years|
|Minimum age for IBPS SO||20 Years|
Additionally, there are other categories for which there are age relaxations, as shown below:
|Category||Upper Age Relaxation|
|SC/ST Candidates||5 years|
|OBC category from the non-creamy layer||3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army Personnel)||5 years|
Person Domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir
|1984 Riot Victims||5 years|
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has a set of eligibility conditions that must be fulfilled by the candidates to enter into the banking domain. The IBPS SO Eligibility criteria are published annually.
The IBPS SO qualifying requirements consider three things:
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
If a candidate has the required nationality, they will be qualified to take the IBPS SO Exam:
Anyone interested in applying must be either an Indian citizen,
Nepali, Bhutani, or Tibetan refugee who entered India before January 1, 1962 and established a permanent home there.
To live permanently in India, the candidate must be a person of Indian heritage who came from one of the following nations:
|Ethiopia||Vietnam||The United Republic of Tanzania|
All applicants who are not Indian citizens must produce a certificate of eligibility from the Indian government during the IBPS SO Interview.
Candidates should confirm the critical point, that they meet the minimal education listed in the IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria before applying for the position of SO. The level of schooling needed varies depending on the position.
Important Points for IBPS SO Educational Qualification
- The applicant must provide documentation demonstrating that the educational background they have is regarded by the Indian government as being comparable to a degree (graduation).
- Additionally, the qualifying degree must have come from a university, institution, or board approved by government regulatory bodies or recognized by the Government of India.
- Candidates must explicitly state their graduation percentage when completing the online application. Additionally, applicants who receive CGPAs must convert them into percentages. Calculations of percentages must be made to the nearest two decimals.
- The fraction of the percentage received will not be taken into consideration; for example, 54.99% will be viewed as less than 55% and 59.99% as less than 60%. No IBPS SO eligibility percentage is stated by the Institute. For their purposes, the individual banks adopt the aggregate percentage determined by the IBPS.
- The date noted on the mark sheet or provisional certificate provided by the university or institute will serve as the date of passing the eligibility examination. A proper document or certificate in original form should be issued and signed by the appropriate University or Institute authority showing the date of passing if the University or Institute posts the results of a specific exam online.
People with qualifying disabilities is eligible for reservation under Section 34 of "The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016" by Government of India standards.
The following categories of disability fall within the Act's provisions for a reservation:
- Hearing loss and deafness
- Autism, mental disease, blindness, and low vision, as well as unique learning disabilities
- Leprosy survivors, cerebral palsy, dwarfs, those with muscular dystrophy, and victims of acid attacks, are among those with locomotors impairment.
- According to the "Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016" and the vacancies submitted to IBPS by participating banks, people with qualifying disabilities will be assigned to reserved positions.
|Post Name||Educational Qualification|
|I.T. Officer Job Grade||
|Scale IN Agricultural Field Officer||
|Scale I Brajbhasha Adhikari||
|Scale I law enforcement||
|Scale I HR/Personnel Officer||
|Scale I Marketing Officer||
According to the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, applicants for the IBPS PO exam must at the very least hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Currently, this is an all-encompassing requirement to become an IBPS SO. For every different post, there are different requirements, according to Nationality, Education, Qualifications, and Age. Reservations are also required for some of the relaxations. This blog consists of all the pre-exam requirements with all the exceptions and quotas for each grade of aspiring applicants. We hope you found this article informative and helpful.
You can also download our Physics Wallah App and start preparing for IBPS SO Recruitment and any competitive examination. Take the first step toward your success by downloading the application.
Q1. Is previous experience necessary for the SO position?
Ans. No, prior work experience is not required for this position.
Q2. What is the minimum age required for IBPS SO?
Ans. Candidates who are older than 20 years old may apply for the IBPS SO exam.
Q3. How many attempts are allowed?
Ans. The number of attempts for IBPS SO is limitless.
Q4. What level of education is necessary to become a law officer?
Ans. An applicant needs to be enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council and hold a Bachelor of Laws (LLB).