CLAT 2023: Three Month Preparation Guide
The CLAT, or Common Law Admission Test, is one of the most competitive entrance exams for law aspirants across India. According to forecasts, more than 75,000 candidates will appear in the 2023 CLAT exam to get admission to one of 22 national law universities. That means achieving success in CLAT 2023 will not be easy for you.
Your aim should be to pass the exam and secure a good rank on the merit list. With a major change in the pattern seen in CLAT 2020, cracking the CLAT exam 2023 requires solid preparation. Read on to find a three-month preparation guide to help you crack CLAT 2023 with good marks.
|Table of Content|
Understanding the CLAT syllabus and pattern
Before you can start your preparation for the CLAT 2023 exam, you must understand the exam patterns and the syllabus.
- All sections have passage-based questions
- There will be a total of 150 objective-type questions
- The test will be paper-based, and the language will be English
- The total duration of the exam is two hours.
The English section will have 28-32 questions, and the weightage is 20 per cent, while the Logical Reasoning section has the same number of questions. There will be 35-39 questions in the Legal Reasoning, Current Affairs, and General Knowledge (GK) sections. The Quantitative Techniques or Mathematics section will have 13-17 questions.
Three-month CLAT preparation plan
Month 1: Quants and Legal Reasoning
- The Legal Reasoning section requires students to learn basic concepts and can help them score well.
- Use different CLAT materials and properly practice topics such as torts and contracts. Don't forget to learn amendments and judgments. All questions will be based on Indian law.
- To prepare for Quants, you can go through the fundamentals of Class 10 maths and try to practice as many maths questions as you can in a day.
- Every 15 days, revise whatever you have studied. Keep attempting mock tests on CLAT websites.
Month 2: Logical Reasoning, English, and GK
- The Logical Reasoning section will have multiple passages of about 300 words, and the questions will be based on logical sequences, arguments, analogies, and relationships.
- Begin to revise topics from Maths, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning, GK, and English.
- Develop a habit of reading English newspapers regularly. Focus on improving your vocabulary and grammar skills.
- You should also read phrases and idioms regularly. This can help you to understand complex passages easily.
- Join the best online coaching for CLAT and take advantage of mock tests and study materials to boost your CLAT preparations.
Month 3: Revise
Spend your third month of preparation revising all the topics. Go through the previous year's question papers and solve as many questions as possible. Don't forget to revise the concepts and complete mock tests regularly.
Important tips for CLAT 2023 preparation
Here are some crucial pointers that will help you fully prepare for CLAT 2023:
- Follow a study routine
All CLAT candidates should follow a well-curated study plan. Daily study hours should range from six to eight hours. Complete the syllabus early on and focus on doing mock tests and revising. Here, determination and dedication will be key.
- Recap and revise
It will be helpful for candidates to make handwritten notes while reading books and newspapers. Write down important points or create flow charts to remember them easily. These notes will come in handy for quick revisions.
- Brush up your reading skills
Cracking the CLAT exam 2023 requires excellent reading skills. Most candidates face issues in reading and answering complex and lengthy passages. To counter this, you should read a lot. Reading English-language newspapers such as The Hindu and Mint daily is the best way to enhance your reading skills. Candidates can also read legal documents, popular novels, journals, and editorials.
- Practice daily
Mock tests are an important factor in the CLAT 2023 exam preparation. Mocks allow candidates to understand their weaknesses and strengths. Try to solve as many questions as you can. Apart from mock tests, you can use previous CLAT papers and practice questions from the study materials offered by CLAT coaching centers. While completing mock tests, keep track of your time on every question or section. If you are taking too much time, practice solving questions faster. You can find useful tips on time management on the best CLAT websites.
For better preparation, students can refer to the study materials provided by Physics Wallah.
The CLAT, or Common Law Admission Test, is a competitive and challenging exam. However, it can be cracked with proper practice. This comprehensive three-month CLAT 2023 exam preparation strategy can help you score the maximum possible marks. While following this strategy, you should also take the help of the best CLAT coaching websites and join an online CLAT course for additional support. And most importantly, believe in yourself. Your abilities and self-belief are crucial to performing well in the CLAT exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to study for the CLAT exam in three months?
Ans. It is possible to study for the CLAT exam in three months. However, to be successful, you will need to spend more time preparing. Begin with the easy subjects and try to cover three to four topics every day per subject. Joining the best online coaching for CLAT can also help you prepare to write the exam faster.
Q2. When should one begin preparing for CLAT 2023?
Ans. CLAT candidates should try their best to complete the syllabus two to three months before the exam and then focus on completing as many mock tests as possible.
Q3. How many questions will there be in CLAT 2023?
Ans. The CLAT 2023 exam will have 150 questions based on five subjects.
Q4. How long should one study for CLAT exam preparation?
Ans. A CLAT aspirant's study hours will depend on their understanding of the subjects. According to experts, spending around seven to eight hours every day studying CLAT will be sufficient to prepare for the exam.
Q5. Will there be two CLAT entrance exams in 2023?
Ans. The CLAT 2023 exam will be held only once and will take place on 18 December 2022. On 31 October 2022, the Consortium of National Law Universities announced via a press release that the CLAT 2023 exam would be conducted only once for 2023-24.
- CLAT UG vs CLAT PG: Eligibility, Syllabus, everything you need to know
- 3 Month study plan for CLAT Examination
- Upcoming State Judiciary Exams: Notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus & More
- CLAT or LSAT Which One is More Beneficial
- The Scope of CLAT Examination in India
- The Evolution of CLAT Exams
- LSAT - Preparation Guide 30 Days vs 365 Days
- Why do Students Start Preparing for CLAT in Their School Days
- Scholarship Programs for CLAT Students
- Drop Year After 12th. Is CLAT Worth The Shot?