Can I Complete The CUET Syllabus in 30 Days?
The Common University Entrance Test, also known as CUET, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) is a gateway for admission to 45 reputed Central universities in India. There are mainly three courses under CUET, that include, undergraduate, graduate, integrated postgraduate, and research programs. With the introduction of CUET, students are now out of the cycle of separate examinations and cut-offs for different universities.
If you are reading this blog, to clear CUET in a month, then it is pretty sure that you have very less time on your hands. So, you have to start your preparation without wasting a single minute. Keep on reading to get some preparation tips for CUET exam to clear the exam in 30 days.
But, to begin your preparation, you must have an overview of the exam, that will make you understand the exam clearly.
|Name of the Exam||Common University Entrance Test|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|No. of sections||
4 Sections: IA,
IB, (50 questions) II,
(50 questions,) and III
+5 - Correct
-1 - Incorrect
0 - Unanswered
|Medium of Exam||13 languages|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
No. of questions given
No. of questions to be attempted (compulsory)
Section IA (Languages)
|13 Language||50||40||45 minutes|
Section IB (Languages)
|13 Language||50||40||45 minutes|
Section II (Domain-specific test)
|27 Subjects||50||40||45 minutes|
Section III (General Test)
Before moving further in the blog, let us answer the main question. Yes, it is possible to clear the CUET exam in 30 days. However, you have to be very serious and dedicated.
Remember, the right preparation starts with a proper timetable. Since you have very less time on your hands, you must now devote about 7-8 hours on a daily basis.
|Topic||Preferred Time Limit|
|Reading NewsPaper/ Article||20 - 30 minutes|
|Maths||1.5 - 2 hours|
|Domain-Specific Subjects||2.5 hours|
|Logical Reasoning||2 hours|
|English/ Languages||1 hour|
|Current Affairs/ GK||1-1.5 Hours|
Along with following the timetable, you have to find out your area of weakness. If you are weak in any particular subject or topic, then you can devote more hours to it.
This section is not something that you can learn or mug up, so it is very important to have clear fundamentals. For CUET, you should be able to solve elementary-level mathematics.
Focus on concepts and try to practice as many questions as you can. There are several books designed for the CUET Quantitative aptitude, you can also solve questions from there.
Try to give at least 1.5-2 hours daily to this section, and if you are weak at math then you have to increase the time accordingly. Remember, the quantitative reasoning topics for CUET, are primary-level math, which you have already studied, so this preparation would be a revision for you.
The question from this section can be based on percentage, AP and GP, average, algebra, profit and loss, etc.
This section has many domains, out of which the students must pick about 6 domains of their choice. Let us look at the various domains-
- Accountancy/ Book-Keeping
- Business Studies
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Engineering Graphics
- Economics/ Business Economics
- Environmental Science
- Geography/ Geology
- Home Science
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Legal Studies
- Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Physical Education/ NCC/ Yoga
- Teaching Aptitude
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting) /Commercial Arts
- Performing Arts
- Dance (Odissi/ Kathakali/ Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/ Kuchipudi/ Manipuri)
- Music General
Students can prepare for these 6 domains for 2-2.5 hours to grasp the subjects. For more help in the preparation, you can choose the domains in which you are well-known or that you like studying.
Before preparing this section, you must know that the section is divided into-
- Analytical Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning.
To score good marks in this section, you have to devote 2 hours to it on a daily basis. You have to solve the sample papers, PYQs, and mock papers to make your understanding firm.
After your preparation is complete, you have to find out the areas you are not that good at, and then revise these topics more to build confidence. The logical reasoning topics for CUET can include questions based on number series, directions, seating arrangement, syllogisms, analogy, blood relations, etc.
- Now, this is the section which you can prepare easily within a month. But, if you ignore it, it can cost you marks. So, try to devote 1 hour to the English section. Reading articles and newspapers that are going to help you a lot in scoring in the section.
- Try to learn new words every day, to improve your vocabulary and you also follow books by different publications. For the grammar section, you have to revise the grammar you have read in your school already.
- Mock papers and PYQs are a must. You can complete your preparation early and start practising questions after it. It will expose you to many questions, thus polishing your preparation.
- The CUET english syllabus has topics like reading comprehension, phrases, synonyms, grammar, one-word substitution, etc, from which question can come.
- It can be a tough section to deal with as it needs everyday attention, and CUET general test questions can be tricky sometimes. Newspapers can also help you in this section, so make sure you read them daily. Devoting 1-1.5 hours a day is needed for the preparation.
- You have to work on current affairs and GK daily. You can also take out some time to watch the news headlines. Finally, prepare mock questions to test your preparation levels.
- The question from this section can be based on Geopolitics and important environmental agreements, International Events, UN bodies etc. So, try to keep a check on the current scenarios and stay up-to-date with world affairs.
- Analyse the syllabus
Your preparation starts with understanding the nta CUET syllabus. So, download the CUET Syllabus for 2023 and go through it. You can read it more than once to become clear about the exam pattern and topics.
- Prepare Time table
Once you are done with the syllabus analysis, it’s time to make a timetable for exam preparation referring to it. You have now identified the level of importance of various topics, so you can assign them accordingly. Stick to this timetable with full dedication.
No matter how much you study, if you don’t revise them, you will end up forgetting them. So, make sure you revise everything you have read. You can do it at weekends. Along with revision, don’t forget to practice the CUET previous year's question papers.
- Take care of your health
This is the most important factor, that is being healthy. Maintain a healthy diet, exercise, and meditate. The more you stay healthy, the more you can work hard.
- Don’t Stress
Since very less time is left for the examination, it can be very stressful for students. But, remember being stressed will hamper your preparation. So, take rest, be positive and stay focused.
Since only 30 days are left, you need to get ready to devote these days to your study. You need to have a strategy and follow it. Be focused and if stressed you can surely take a break. In this blog, we have mentioned the way to cover the entire syllabus in a month. You can also refer to the videos on the Physics Wallah YouTube channel for further details. If you have any doubts, you can also ask in the comment section.
Q.1. Can I prepare for CUET in 30 days?
Ans. Yes, if you follow a proper strategy and spend 7-8 hours on a daily basis for your preparation, then you can make it. Just stay focused and work hard.
Q.2. Is CUET difficult?
Ans. The difficulty level of CUET is neither too hard now too easy. It has to be moderate.
Q.3. What is a good score for CUET?
Ans. The universities under CUET have their own requirements. But, overally, a mark range of 200-300 is considered a good score.
Q.4. What is domain subject in cucet?
Ans. There are about 27 domain subjects in CUET, out of which students can choose six of their choice.