How Much Time is Needed for CUET Preparation
CUET stands for Central Universities Common Entrance Test. It is an entrance exam conducted by the Central Universities in India for admission to their courses in UG, PG and Research programs. The exam is conducted once a year in the months of May/June. The purpose of conducting the CUET is to select the best candidates from across the country for admission to different courses offered by the Central Universities. It is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted by the Central Universities to select deserving candidates for admission to their courses.
The CUET is conducted in both online and offline modes. The online exam is conducted in the designated centers across India, while the offline exam is conducted at the respective universities. The exam includes multiple-choice questions, descriptive questions and subjective questions. The total duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
The CUET exam is divided into four sections: Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D. Part A consists of General Awareness, General English, Mathematics and Analytical Ability. Part B consists of General Knowledge, General Aptitude, General Reasoning and General Awareness. Part C consists of Subject Specific Questions and Part D consists of Interviews.
|Table of Content|
|English Language||This subject includes topics like grammar, tenses, voice, indirect and direct speech, active and passive voice, vocabulary, comprehension, jumbled sentences, fill in the blanks, cloze test, etc.|
|Mathematics||This subject includes topics like trigonometry, geometry, algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, vectors, complex numbers, etc.|
|Physics||This subject includes topics like mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity, magnetism, optics, sound, etc.|
|Chemistry||This subject includes topics like atomic structure, states of matter, chemical bonding, chemical equilibrium, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, etc.|
|Biology||This subject includes topics like cell structure and function, genetics, evolution, ecology, human physiology, etc.|
|Computer Science||This subject includes topics like programming languages, data structures, operating systems, computer architecture, database management, software engineering, computer networks, etc.|
|General Knowledge||This subject includes topics from various fields like history, geography, current affairs, general science, etc.|
|Reasoning||This subject includes topics like verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, analytical reasoning, logical reasoning, etc.|
|General Awareness||This subject includes topics related to current affairs, economics, social and political issues, etc.|
- The amount of time you will need to prepare for the CUET exam will depend on a number of factors, including your prior knowledge and experience in engineering, the amount of time you are able to dedicate to studying, and the resources you have available to you.
- To give you an idea of the amount of time needed to prepare for the CUET exam, it is estimated that you will need to dedicate at least 8-10 hours a week over a period of 12-16 weeks. It is important to remember that this is an estimate, and the exact amount of time needed will vary depending on your individual circumstances.
- In terms of the amount of material that you will need to cover, the current syllabus for CUET exam covers a broad range of topics in engineering, including mathematics, physics, materials science, and engineering design. You will need to become familiar with the concepts and principles of each of these topics in order to be successful on the exam.
- In addition to studying the material that is covered in the syllabus, you will also need to dedicate some time to practice and mock tests. This will help you to become comfortable with the exam format, and give you an idea of what to expect on the day of the exam. It is important to remember to leave enough time to review and practice, as this will give you the best chance at success on the exam.
- Overall, you should expect to dedicate a significant amount of time to preparing for the CUET exam. While it is not possible to give an exact estimate of the amount of time needed, it is estimated that 12-16 weeks of regular study will give you the best chance of success.
To be eligible to appear for the CUET examination, the candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- The candidate must have a valid class 10th and 12th marksheet.
- The candidate must have a valid graduation degree for the programs requiring the same.
- PhysicsWallah is an online learning platform that offers a wide range of CUET preparation courses. It provides detailed lectures and study material to help students prepare for the exam. It also offers mock tests and practice tests so that students can assess their performance on the exam. It also provides a discussion forum where students can take help from other students.
- EduGorilla has been specifically designed to help students prepare for CUET. It provides a comprehensive list of top-rated CUET coaching centers in various cities and online courses. All the courses are designed in a way to provide comprehensive learning to the students. It offers various courses such as CUET Online Test Series, CUET Crash Course, CUET Full Length Test Series, CUET Online Learning Course, CUET Model Papers, etc.
- Gradeup is another well-known online platform for preparing for CUET. It provides students with an array of online learning options such as video lectures, practice tests, mock tests, and more. It also provides a discussion forum where students can interact with each other and take help from experienced teachers.
- ExamFear is an online learning platform which provides students with comprehensive study material and practice tests to help them in their CUET preparation. It also provides a discussion forum where students can interact with each other and ask their doubts.
- Embibe is an online learning platform which helps students prepare for CUET. It offers a wide range of courses such as CUET Online Test Series, CUET Crash Course, CUET Full Length Test Series, CUET Online Learning Course, etc. It also provides students with detailed study material and practice tests which help them in their preparation.
Q1. How to apply for CUET?
Ans. Candidates can apply for CUET online through the official website of CUET. The application form is available on the website and should be filled in carefully with all the required information. Once the application form has been submitted, candidates can then proceed to register and pay the application fee.
Q2. What are the important documents required for CUET?
Ans. Candidates must keep the following documents ready while applying for CUET:
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet
- Graduation and Post-graduation mark sheet (if applicable)
- Identity proof such as Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of signature
- Scanned copy of CUET admit card
Q3. What is the selection process for CUET?
Ans. The selection process for CUET includes an entrance exam and a personal interview. Candidates who clear the entrance exam will be called for the personal interview. The final selection is based on the performance in the entrance exam and the personal interview.
Q4. What is the fee structure for CUET?
Ans. The fee structure for CUET varies from university to university. Generally, the application fee for CUET is Rs. 800 for General category candidates and Rs. 400 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
Q5. When is the CUET exam conducted?
Ans. The CUET exam is usually conducted once every year in the month of May/June. The exact date of the exam is announced by the respective university and can be found on the official website.