How to Prepare for Your SSB Interview: Strategies for Success
Apr 20, 2023, 16:45 IST
The SSB Interview is one of the crucial steps for the appointment to the defence forces. Candidates who are willing to join the forces should also be familiar with the complete SSB Interview procedure and build the best strategy to ace the round.
However, acing SSB Interview Process is no cakewalk. So, the aspirants need to follow the latest SSB Interview syllabus to succeed in this round. Every year, thousands of aspirants are shortlisted to appear for the CDS SSB Interview, NDA SSB Interview, etc, but only a few of them could ace this round.
Therefore, it is crucial to use the best SSB Interview preparation strategy and follow the best books in order to get featured in the selection list. Hence, read this blog to know the best strategy to prepare well for the SSB Interview round.
|Table of Content|
- The SSB interview procedure comprises two stages such that Stage I and Stage II.
- Stage (I) includes Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT).
- Stage (II) comprises stages like interviews, Psychology Tests, Group Testing Tasks, and conferences.
- The SSB Interview Process will be conducted over 4 or 5 days and will be conducted for a total of 900 marks.
The right planning and preparation are two crucial components to cracking the SSB Interview round. Thus, we have shared below the best SSB Interview preparation strategy for the ease of the aspirants.
Familiarity with the Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Aspirants should check the SSB Interview Syllabus and Exam Pattern thoroughly as it is not a single-day round.
- Thus, they should go through the syllabus to understand the topics from which questions are usually asked in the interview round.
- With the right knowledge of exam requirements and syllabus, aspirants can simplify their preparation and boost their selection chances.
- Candidates should build their creative thinking ability and speaking skills during the SSB Interview preparation.
- Furthermore, they should practice questions from the best book for SSB Interviews and also perform creative writing every day.
- As a result of this, they will be able to build their own approach in order to answer questions with ease in the interview round.
Candidates should be confident and positive in both Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. Furthermore, they should skip the questions they are not familiar with rather than give incorrect answers. In addition, they should take care of their dressing sense, body language, sitting posture, eye contact, etc during the SSB Interview round.
With this, they should remember that the interviewer will assess their aptitude knowledge, analytic skills, confidence, decision-making sense, and general awareness during the personal interview round.
Read Newspaper Daily
The next SSB Interview preparation strategy is to read newspapers and current affairs every day. Furthermore, the candidates should be familiar with all the latest current events and developments across the world.
In addition, they should solve current affairs quizzes and prepare short notes to ensure better preparation as it will also be helpful in last-minute revision.
Improve Communication Skills
Candidates who possess good communication skills will be able to perform well in group discussions, group tasks, etc. Hence, it is advisable to speak on a topic by standing in front of a mirror for 4-5 minutes every day.
Also, they can record when they are speaking in order to know about their weak points and improve them accordingly.
Brush Up Academic Knowledge
Candidates must revise everything that they have studied till 12th standard or graduation. As there are chances that the interviewer may ask questions related to their academic/technical knowledge. Hence, it is advisable to have knowledge of all the topics to maximize their selection chances in the SSB Interview process.
The final SSB Interview preparation strategy is that the candidates should stay fit to clear the physical fitness test without any inconvenience. For this, they should commence mild jogging, and perform meditation, yoga, and stamina-building exercises.
We hope this article on the SSB Interview preparation strategy was informative for our readers. Hence, candidates should align their interview process requirements with the preparation strategy to stay ahead of the competition.
For more such articles, preparation guides, and expert guidance on Defence exams, download the Physics Wallah app from the Play store or subscribe to our youtube channel.
Q1. How can I pass SSB Interview?
Ans. Candidates should be well acquainted with the SSB's tests and requirements, brush up on their technical/ Academic knowledge, read current affairs, and stay confident in order to pass the SSB interview procedure.
Q2. How many days are enough to prepare for the SSB interview?
Ans. Candidates should commence their preparation at least 3-4 months before the SSB Interview process in order to excel in the round.
Q3. Is it easy to crack SSB Interview on the first attempt?
Ans. Cracking SSB Interview round on the first attempt can be a challenging task. Therefore, they should adhere to the right preparation strategy which includes familiarity with the SSB Interview syllabus, practicing enough, read newspapers daily to crack the SSB Interview procedure on the first attempt.
- What to do after cracking NDA Exam
- How to crack CDS 2 IN 1st-attempt
- How to Crack NDA in 3 Months
- Indian Army Weight and Height Requirement Charts
- Indians Who Won the Oscar Awards
- Top 20 Questions Asked in SSB Interview on Manipur Violence
- Merchant Navy Salary in India, Job Profile and Key Insights
- How to become navik GD in Indian Coast Guard
- An ultimate guide for CAPF preparation
- Choose the Right Force for Assistant Commandant Position