What are the Best Ways for Preparing for the AFCAT?
Dec 01, 2022, 16:45 IST
If you are planning to take the Armed Forces Common Admission Test (AFCAT), you are probably feeling a little emotional right now. After all, the AFCAT means you will be serving in the Indian Armed Forces after clearing the exam. It’s a competitive exam that tests your knowledge of a wide range of topics, from general awareness to numerical ability.
Don’t worry, though. We are here to help you out. In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to prepare for the AFCAT 2023 so that you can increase your chances of getting into the Indian Armed Forces.
|Table of Content|
The Indian Air Force conducts the Airforce Common Admission Test (AFCAT) to select officers for all its branches. It is a multiple-choice exam that tests a candidate's knowledge of English, Mathematics, and General Awareness. The test is held twice a year, and the syllabus is released a few months before the exam.
Candidates who are looking to join the Indian Air Force must clear the AFCAT. The exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force to select officers for all branches of flying, technical, and ground duty. The test comprises of 100 objective-type questions which have to be attempted within 2 hours and each question consists of 3 marks . One-third marks will be deducted as negative marking, which means an additional 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong question.
Candidates who clear the written exam will be called for further rounds of testing which include interviews, group tasks, and psychological tests.
The Airforce Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted by the Indian Air Force to select officers for all its branches. The written test will have the following sections :
- General Awareness: This section tests your general knowledge and current affairs awareness.
- English: This section tests your English language skills.
- Numerical Ability: This section tests your numerical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: This section tests your reasoning and military aptitude.
- Interview / SSB: The final process is the interview and physical abilities test. Where your personal, mental, and physical skills will be tested.
Get yourself a study guide and make a study plan: This is the most important thing you can do to prepare for the AFCAT. By getting a study guide, you will be able to focus on your studying and have a better chance of passing the exam.
- Start studying early: The earlier you start learning for the AFCAT , the better. By starting early , you will be able to cover more material and be better prepared for the exam.
- Make use of Practice/ Mock tests: Practicing mock tests is a great way to prepare for the AFCAT. They will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses so that you can focus on your studies accordingly.
- Get plenty of rest and exercise: You must take care of yourself while you are preparing for the AFCAT. Be sure to get plenty of rest and exercise so that you can stay focused and energized during your studies.
There are a few key books that can help you prepare for the AFCAT exam. The 'AFCAT Guide' by R. Gupta is a comprehensive guide that covers all aspects of the exam. The 'AFCAT Solved Papers' by Arihant Experts is a great resource for practicing questions and understanding the exam pattern. The 'AFCAT Previous Years' Papers by McGraw Hill Education India is another excellent resource for practicing and understanding the exam pattern.
You may be wondering about what to do on the examination day. So, here are some important things related to the exam :
- You will need to arrive at the testing center by 7:30 am if you have a morning shift. If you have the evening shift then you have to reach the examination center by 1.30 pm.
- The test will begin at 9:00 am for the morning shift and 3:00 pm for the evening shift. The time to complete the exam is 3 hours.
- There will be no break in between the examination, so you can take your water bottle with you but the bottle must be transparent.
- During the test, you will be asked questions about various topics, including mathematics, verbal reasoning, and general knowledge.
- Then your result will be announced after a month, if you cleared the test then you will be invited for an interview.
The interview process for the Indian Airforce Common Admission Test (AFCAT) can be a difficult one, but there are ways to prepare for it that can make the process less stressful. Here are some tips on how to prepare for the interview process :
- Know yourself: Be sure to brush up on all the material that will be covered in the AFCAT exam. There is a lot of information to know and you do not want to be caught off guard during the interview.
- Be confident: This is perhaps the most important tip. The interviewers are looking for confident candidates who believe in themselves and their abilities. If you go into the interview with confidence, you will be more likely to impress the interviewer and stand out from the crowd.
- Practice: One of the best ways to prepare for an interview is to practice beforehand with someone who can give you accurate feedback. This way , you can get comfortable with answering questions under pressure and learn how to project confidence even when you are feeling nervous.
- Dress for success: First impressions matter and what you wear to your AFCAT interview will say a lot about you as a candidate. Be sure to dress in professional clothing that is clean and pressed. Avoid anything too flashy or revealing - you want the interviewer to focus on your qualifications, not your fashion sense.
- Have Questions ready: Asking questions shows that you are truly interested in what you are doing at that time.
AFCAT is a test of your knowledge, aptitude and attitude. It is important to understand the exam format and syllabus in order to score well. Apart from that, you need to be physically and mentally fit to take on the challenges of this exam. Practicing mock tests and previous year’s papers will help you get an insight into the type of questions asked in the exam. Make sure you are well-prepared before sitting for the AFCAT.
You can join PhysicsWallah’s Defence courses for AFCAT 2023 preparation. You can take their paid course or you can study from their youtube channel PhysicsWallah for free. They have got best and experienced faculties to teach you every subject.
Q1. How long should I prepare for AFCAT?
Ans. Four to six months are enough for preparing for AFCAT if you are studying seriously. You must start by clearing the basic concepts.
Q2. Is AFCAT easy to crack?
Ans. Any difficult exam will seem easy if you studied properly. AFCAT exam happens every year twice in February and August. If we compare AFCAT to other competitive exams then this is not at all hard.
Q3. Which is the best book to crack AFCAT?
Ans. Some of the best books for preparation of the AFCAT are :
- RS Aggarwal/S. Chand’s Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations
- S. Chand’s Objective Arithmetic
- Disha Publications Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation for Numerical Capacity.
- What to do after cracking NDA Exam
- How to crack CDS 2 IN 1st-attempt
- How to Crack NDA in 3 Months
- Indian Army Weight and Height Requirement Charts
- Indians Who Won the Oscar Awards
- Top 20 Questions Asked in SSB Interview on Manipur Violence
- Merchant Navy Salary in India, Job Profile and Key Insights
- How to become navik GD in Indian Coast Guard
- An ultimate guide for CAPF preparation
- Choose the Right Force for Assistant Commandant Position