What is Eligibility Criteria for Joining Territorial Army
Like all national defence academy courses, the Territorial Army (TA) has its own set of requirements. This article will go into detail about what they are and what are the eligibility criteria for joining the territorial army, it will be for future instances of the exam. You can also check for How to Join Indian Army as an Officer?
The Indian Territorial Army (TA) is a voluntary, auxiliary military force that supports the Indian Army on a part-time basis. Its members, who also work in the private sector, are officers, junior commissioned officers, non-commissioned officers, and other individuals holding ranks equal to those in the Indian Army.
The mission of TA is to "provide troops for the regular army as and when necessary," "relieve the regular army of static obligations," and "assist the civil administration in coping with natural disasters and maintaining key services."
Officers in the Territorial Army are required to serve between one and two months each year. The Territorial Army is made up of many types of units, including–
- Infantry Regiments
- Environmental Task Forces
- Units in general hospitals
- Residential Infantry
- Artillery for air defence
- Industrial Railway Units
The Territorial Army conducts the Territorial Army Bharti Exam twice a year. Candidates who wish to apply for the Territorial Army must complete the online application form, which is accessible on the portal of the Territorial Army's official website. An interview with a retired defence officer will be done after an E-admission certificate arrives.
The following are the main details of the Indian Territorial Army Recruitment:
|Frequency||Two times a year|
|Eligibility||graduate or must have done any equivalent|
|Mode of Examination||Offline Written paper|
|Number Of Attempts||No limits|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Stages||Written test, interview, medical exam, and service selection board examination for civilians Only Interview for Ex-Servicemen|
|Language||Hindi and English|
The following criteria must be met to qualify for TA:
Before applying for the recruiting process, applicants are urged to review the Territorial Army Eligibility Criteria. The Territorial Army’s exam qualifying requirements are listed here in summary; however, prospective applicants must read the whole list before submitting their applications.
|Age Limit||between 19 to 42 years of the age|
|Educational Qualification||a graduate or must have done any equivalent|
|Physical Strength||both physically and mentally fit|
A person cannot apply for TA if they are actively serving in the Regular Army, Navy Force, Air Force, Police, GREF (General Reserve Engineer Force), ParaMilitary, or any similar force.
Proof of eligibility for the Territorial Army required documents
The following paperwork is required to demonstrate your eligibility for the Territorial Army:
- IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 Application Form may be found on the website.
- all diplomas and transcripts, beginning with the tenth grade.
- MBBS doctor's most recent physical fitness certification.
- Identity documentation containing a photograph, such as a driver's license, voter ID, PAN card, or Aadhar card
- Proof of domicile or residence.
- (Matric/Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for date of birth verification) Age-proof document.
- Candidates working for the Central Government, Union Territory, State, Semi-Government, or Private Sector must provide a service certificate authenticated by the office's head along with official paperwork.
- Candidates who self-identify as self-employed must present authenticated copies of documentation describing their line of work and yearly income certifications.
- Ex-Service Officers with names that appear differently on different papers should provide copies of both the release order and the Indian Gazette announcement.
- a transcript of the release medical board hearings.
- Recent income documentation from the relevant agency (e.g., the income tax revenue department, a magistrate, or an employer).
- a PAN Card copy.
- Aadhar Card Copies
- Copies of all course certificates and reports
The official website of the Territorial Army has an Application Form for the recruitment process. Within the specified time frame, the form must only be completed. Applicants must verify their eligibility before applying.
- On the Territorial Army's official website, you may fill up the application for the Territorial Army online.
- The candidates must register first by visiting the career section and choosing the "join as officer" option.
- To register as a candidate, you must provide your name, email address, phone number, and password exactly.
- The applicant must then log in using their registration number and password from when they registered.
- Once registered, candidates must complete the application form accurately, including providing their proper date of birth, yearly income, contact information, educational background, etc.
- The applicants must include the necessary paperwork, such as a medical certificate, degree certificate, scanned copies of the applicant's photo and signature, and a PAN or Aadhaar card as proof of residency.
- Candidates must pay the application fee to confirm the submission of the online application form after completing the main application form and uploading the necessary supporting documents.
After all necessary papers for the application form have been successfully submitted, the application cost must be paid.
- Only Indian citizens who are eligible for the test must pay the INR 200 application fee for the Indian Territorial Army Recruitment.
- The Territorial Army's official website specifies how to pay the application cost.
- The payment of fees cannot be made in any other way.
- Candidates will get a confirmation of the submission of their application form when the application cost has been successfully paid.
There are two levels to this Territorial Army exam. For civilians, there is simply a written test, but for veterans, there is only an interview.
|Section||Time Duration||Number of questions||Marks Distribution|
|Elementary Math||1 hour||50||50|
|Section||Time Duration||Number of questions||Marks Distribution|
|General knowledge||1 hour||50||50|
- The written test for civilians has a two-hour time limit.
- Multiple-choice questions of the objective kind are the most common in exams.
- There will be an English and a Hindi version of the test.
- For civilians, Paper 1 and Paper 2 are the two written tests administered.
- Papers 1 and 2 are divided into two halves, each carrying 100 points.
- There are 200 total points available for the written test.
- Each wrong response has a corresponding deduction in marks.
- Territorial army is a dream for many youngsters of the country. It is also a high rank of defence that many ex-servicemen have.
- This article dealt with various eligibility criteria and standard conditions that an aspirant must know before deciding to attempt an examination. The Territorial Army is not a full-time job but has that soothing feeling of patriotism for the nation. If these criteria are clear, you are ready to start preparing for your examination!
Q1. Can a married individual join Territorial Army?
Ans. The territorial army accepts both married and single applicants. The two main prerequisites are that they have Indian nationality and be in productive employment.
Q2. Is the Territorial Army 2022 admission card delivered by mail or post?
Ans. You may get the Territorial Army admission card from the official website. The Territorial Army does not transmit its admission cards by postal service or mail. Candidates must print their electronic admissions card from the official website.
Q3. Who doesn't qualify for the Territorial Army?
Ans. Ex-Service Officers who are between the ages of 18 and 42 upon applying are eligible. Candidates must hold a degree and be in excellent physical and mental health. Candidates with a history of service in the Regular Army, Navy, Air Force, Police, GREF, Paramilitary, or any other force are not allowed to apply.
Q4. What exactly does the Territorial Army do?
Ans. The Territorial Army is a division of the Regular Army, and its current responsibilities include relieving the Regular Army of static tasks, assisting civil administration in the event of natural disasters, and maintaining key services when community safety or national security is at risk.