How to Prepare for GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering (ME)?
Every year, around 8.5 lakh students take the GATE exam for admission to pursue M.E, M. Tech, and direct PhD courses. IIITs, IITs, NITs, and CFITs consider the GATE scores to give admissions for these courses. Also, many PSUs hire talents for jobs based on these scores.
Many experts consider GATE for ME a tough exam to crack. The course is difficult, sometimes stressing candidates for the GATE ME exams. Candidates preparing for GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering must plan well before taking the exam. The field is competitive, but determination, study structure and preparation can help you score well. For Mechanical Engineers, GATE 2023 can work as a one-stop solution. A good score helps you take admission into good institutes. Or else you can also choose to apply for PSU recruitment.
Before you make your study plans for the GATE 2023 exams, figure out the cut-off scores for the same. Now, the cut-off scores are declared after the exam, depending on the difficulty level. So, in a way, you don't know the exact cut-off scores. But you can guess after checking the scores for previous GATE exams. Also, the scores differ according to reservations for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/GEN. There are no other reservations that GATE exams accept.
The authority has declared the GATE 2023 exam dates on 27 July 2022. The exam will be conducted on February 4,5,11, and 12 in the year 2023. IIT Kanpur released the application form for the GATE 2023 exam. Mechanical Engineering (ME) is one of the most selected papers for GATE exams. Learn some preparation tips for GATE 2023 in the blog post below.
|Table of Content|
The ESE comprises three stages: the Preliminaries (two objective-type exams), the Mains (two conventional-type papers), and the Personality Test. However, an applicant must possess a B.Tech in engineering to qualify for ESE. GATE Mechanical Engineering paper receives a massive number of applications every year. That means competition is high. So, how to prepare for GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering?
Every aspirant needs to know the GATE exam pattern. It helps to make detailed plans. They need to be aware of all details like the number of sections, types of questions, mode of exam, number of questions, etc. The GATE exam has various questions, including multiple-choice questions, one-mark/two-mark questions, and Numerical Answer Types. In this exam, there are a total of 65 questions, and the GATE exam duration is three hours.
Before starting exam preparation, every candidate must go through the newly released syllabus. IIT Kanpur released GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering syllabus. There no new changes are happening to the syllabus. It is essential and most important to know about the exact syllabus of the GATE mechanical Engineering 2023 paper. So, knowing the correct syllabus helps the candidates avoid preparing the wrong topics for the vital exam. The GATE subjects for Mechanical Engineering are split into four sections:
- Engineering Mathematics- Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Numerical Methods, Probability, Complex Variables, and Statistics.
- Applied Mechanics and Design- Engineering Mechanics, Mechanics of Materials, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, and Vibrations
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences- Heat-Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and its Applications
- Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering- Casting, Engineering Materials, Joining Processes; Forming, Machining and Machine Tool Operations; Production Planning and Control, Metrology and Inspection, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Integrated Manufacturing
You need to have explicit knowledge of the exam syllabus before you chalk your exam preparation plans.
- Make a Schedule- Another critical step towards planning the GATE exam preparation strategy is to make a schedule. Make a schedule for what topics to cover and, when to cover them, how much time to spend on a topic. The most critical and challenging step is to stick to that schedule. This needs a lot of dedication and motivation, and when making the schedule, ensure a little relaxation time.
- Refer to the essential books- If candidates want to perform their best in the GATE 2023 exam, then they need the help of the best quality resources. Book is the most crucial resource for any exam. After knowing the syllabus for Mechanical Engineering, go through the best-recommended books for better exam preparation.
- Time management- Time management is a significant step during preparation. After understanding the Mechanical Engineering syllabus, the candidate must complete the whole syllabus on time. After that, they give enough time to prepare for each section of the GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering examination.
Besides these steps, candidates can follow more like other quality resources, study essential topics, do regular revision, solve question papers and mock tests, avoid any stress, don’t try any guesswork, practice using a virtual calculator, etc.
All aspirants need to prepare well for the GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering examination. This exam is challenging but possible. Always think positively and give your best in the exam.
If considering appearing for the GATE exams, go for Physics wallah, India's top online ed-tech platform. They know how to crack the GATE exam on the first attempt.
Q.1. What is the GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering exam date?
Ans. The GATE 2023 Mechanical Engineering exam date is 12 February '23.
Q.2. What is the syllabus for Mechanical Engineering 2023?
Ans. Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering.
Q.3. Is the GATE Mechanical Engineering exam very tough?
Ans. The GATE exam is one of the most competitive exams in the technology field. Mechanical Engineering paper receives a lot of applications every year. But proper preparation and the best coaching for GATE can help candidates to crack the exam.
Q.4. How many questions does the GATE Mechanical Engineering exam hold?
Ans. The exam for Mechanical Engineering consists of a total of 65 questions.