Top Strategies by Toppers for GATE 2023 Preparation
GATE 2023 is one of the most difficult examinations, with approximately 9 lakh candidates taking part, implying fierce competition. GATE 2023 will be held on February 4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th, 2023 for postgraduate admissions to the country's top institutes such as IITs, IISc, and NITs. A good GATE score can also lead to top PSU jobs in India. Candidates who want to pursue a career through the GATE must understand the top ten GATE preparation tips shared in the article to pass the exam with a high score.
Every year, a large number of toppers emerge from the GATE exam. How do these top students study to achieve such high grades? Physics Wallah has compiled various preparation tips and methods from various toppers to provide the best ways for GATE aspirants to improve their preparation process. The complete article contains more information about GATE 2023 Preparation Tips from Toppers and Experts.
|Table of Content|
Candidates can find GATE 2023 preparation tips from toppers and experts here. The GATE preparation tips 2023 will assist candidates in developing a better study plan.
GATE 2023 is a difficult nut to crack. Preparing oneself is insufficient for success in the GATE 2023 Exam. Extra effort and valuable suggestions are mandatory to pass the exam with high marks. We all learn from the experiences of others, it is a well-known fact.
They are a great source of information for everyone. As a result, we bring you valuable advice from students who have excelled in the GATE exam. Here is a list of the top 11 GATE tips from previous GATE toppers for GATE 2023 preparation.
- Know your syllabus
Many GATE experts and candidates who have passed this exam with flying colors have stated that an aspirant who begins GATE preparation early has a better chance of performing well in mock tests and the actual exam.
Furthermore, starting early helps you understand complex topics and gives you plenty of time to revise them. As a result, a candidate must begin preparation at the appropriate time.
Sun Tzu said, "Know your enemy and know yourself, and you can fight a hundred battles without dying." For those candidates who are currently preparing for the examination, GATE 2023 can be compared to a war. As the quote correctly points out, knowing everything about your opponent, i.e The examination is critical to winning this battle.
- GATE 2023 includes all engineering streams as well as some from other programs. It is critical to understand the subjects from your field that will be covered in the exam. A missed subject can cost you valuable points.
- Make a list of all the topics from each subject that will be covered in the exam. Prepare each topic thoroughly.
- Advanced Books and Resources are a must
- Exam candidates must choose expert-recommended books for study.
- Only read one or two books on each subject. Prioritize reading from a book. Then move on to the next resource.
- There are numerous online and offline resources. Take advantage of online video resources such as the NPTEL Exam
- Aspirants can start with undergraduate course books.
- Begin preparing as soon as possible: Starting early allows you to practice more.
- Make a strategy for your GATE 2023 preparation. Make a plan that is comfortable for you and productive.
If you prefer classroom instruction. Exam candidates have found PW PRIME Live Online Coaching Classes to be extremely beneficial in preparing for the GATE exam.
- Time Management
- The most important aspect of the GATE 2023 exam is time management. The examination will last three hours and will consist of 65 multiple-choice and numerical answer questions.
- Learning to manage time between sections will ensure that you finish the examination well ahead of schedule, allowing for rechecking of answers. Keep a timer nearby while practicing sample papers to assess your time management abilities.
- Attempt to complete Mock Tests and Sample Papers
- Solving mock tests and sample papers is one of the best ways to prepare for the GATE 2023 exam. During the preparation period, it is critical to solve the previous year’s question papers, sample papers, and mock tests regularly. What is the significance of these tests and papers?
- By completing these, you will be able to put the theories and concepts you have learned so far into practice. Keep a timer handy to see how much time it takes to complete the paper.
- You should evaluate your performance after completing mock tests and sample papers regularly. This will show you how much of the gate syllabus has been covered and how much remains. Analyzing your performance will also reveal all of the errors made during the mock tests.
- Shorten your breaks
- A consistent study schedule is essential during the GATE 2023 preparation process. However, in addition to long hours of study, it is critical to take short sweet breaks for relaxation and refreshment. Taking short breaks allows you to relax and refresh your mind for future studies.
- Take a walk, listen to music, read a book, or simply sleep; you can do whatever you want during this brief respite. Return to your studies with a clear mind and full concentration once the break is over.
- Revise and make notes
- One of the most important preparation tips is to go over everything you've learned. After finishing a section of concepts and theories, you should thoroughly revise it to refresh your memory. A small notepad should also be kept to jot down formulas or concepts that you are struggling with. You will be able to revise those specific concepts at any time and from any location by using the small accessible notepad.
- Use a virtual calculator to practice
- One of the most important tricks for a good GATE 2023 exam score is to practice using the accurate Virtual Calculator provided in the actual exam. As a result, a GATE aspirant must thoroughly understand how to use the Virtual Calculator in GATE 2023.
- Maintain motivation and faith
- Motivation and trust are two important factors that can help you ace any exam. If an aspirant devotes time to their studies and is dedicated to their goal, they will undoubtedly pass the GATE 2023 exam. Aspirants can also seek motivation from their teachers, seniors, and parents.
- At The Last Moment Before The GATE 2023 Exam
- Revise as much as you can in the last 15 days; do no new development during this time.
- Examine each concept and numerical solution method.
- Finish a few more test papers
- Make sure you get enough sleep. A minimum of 8 hours of sleep per day is a must.
- Do not fear.
- Prepare your admit card and all necessary documents.
If a GATE exam candidate follows these top exam tips correctly, he or she will be able to achieve excellent results in the test and the actual GATE 2023 exam. As a result, incorporate the suggestions into your study routine and watch yourself excel in the GATE exam.
We hope that this article has helped you get closer to GATE 2023 preparation. You can review all of the tips and tricks in this article for your GATE exam 2023.
You should go to the PW website if you want the best-personalized guidance from experts. This website will provide you with GATE 2023 updates as well as some potential data for your GATE 2023 preparation.
Candidates should be able to use this article on GATE 2023 Preparation Tips from Toppers and Experts to help them prepare for the upcoming exam. Best wishes to all candidates!
Q.1. How many hours should I devote to GATE 2023 preparation?
Ans. A candidate with sufficient knowledge may devote 3-4 hours per day, whereas a beginner may need to devote more time per day.
Q.2. Is it possible to pass GATE 2023 after only six months of study?
Ans. Yes, with 6 months of preparation, it is possible to pass GATE 2023, but this also necessitates hard work, consistency, regularity, and patience. Candidates will be able to ace their exams with six months of preparation if they have access to the right resources and guidance.
Q.3. Is the online material reliable and suitable for GATE Preparation 2023?
Ans. In order to assess and help candidates for GATE Preparation, various channels, apps, and educational platforms provide study material, lectures, reference books, and doubt-clearing sessions, among other things. The dependability varies depending on the channel and the app.
Q.4. Is it sufficient to prepare for GATE from a single book?
Ans. It varies according to the subject. Some subjects can be prepared with a single book, while others may require additional reference materials. However, the GATE 2023 syllabus is so vast that it is best to consult a variety of books for solid GATE Preparation.
Q.5. Is it possible for me to pass GATE 2023 as an average student?
Ans. Many GATE toppers have emerged from average learning backgrounds over the years. It is incorrect to judge one's capabilities before proceeding with preparation.