Can NEET Syllabus be Completed in Three Months?
Every year, approximately 15 lakh candidates take the NEET-UG examination. The NEET examination has a higher level of competition than other public examinations in the country. The task of preparing for NEET 2023 in three months is difficult because the NEET syllabus is extensive and the number of candidates appearing is massive (more than 16 lakhs).
When deciding whether 3 months is enough time for NEET preparation, aspirants should focus on the process rather than the outcome. With only three months of preparation, aspirants with greater dedication and hard work to their studies can pass the NEET 2023 with flying colors. However, you can pass the exam and achieve a high rank in a short period. Let's figure out how to complete the NEET syllabus in three months!
|Table of Content|
Medical students who are wondering how to prepare for NEET 2023 in just three months should be aware of the exam pattern. The NEET exam pattern is provided in the table below for the convenience of candidates -
|Name of the Exam||NEET|
|Full-form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline Mode|
|Exam Duration||200 Minutes|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||
200 Questions (180 Mandatory &
+4 for correct answer-1 for incorrect
Physics (180 marks)
Chemistry (180 marks)
Botany (180 marks)
Zoology (180 marks)
|Minimum age to attempt NEET-UG||17 years|
|Maximum age to attempt NEET-UG||
25 years (ST, SC, and OBC
have a 5-year grace period)
Timetable to complete NEET syllabus in 3 months
Because most candidates save the last two months for revisions, the Study Plan outlined below is designed for quick revisions. So, to assist those candidates in developing an effective study plan, we have divided the topics in the table below.
|1||Electrostatics||Basics of Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons & Halides||Diversity in Living World|
|2||Magnetism||Hydrocarbons, Chemistry in Every- day life||Reproduction|
|3||Current Electricity||Organic Chemistry (Aldehydes, Ketones, Ether)||Cell Structure and Functions|
|4||Mechanics (Units and Dimensions)||Polymers and Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||Biology in Human Welfare|
|1||Laws of Motion||Mole Concept & States of Matter||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|2||Modern Physics and Optics||Solutions, Solid State, Equilibrium||Genetics and Evolution|
|3||Kinematics & Work Energy & Power||Atomic Structure||Physiology|
|4||Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and fluids||Chemical Kinematics and Surface Chemistry||Biotechnology|
|1||Atomic Nucleus & Semiconductors||Chemical Bonding||Animal Kingdom|
|2||Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory & Properties of Matter||D & F Block Elements||Plant Physiology|
|3||Mechanics (Oscillations and Waves)||P Block Elements||Ecology|
|4||Electromagnetic Waves and Communication Systems||Classification of Elements, S-block Elements, Hydrogen, and its Compounds||-|
How to crack NEET in 3 months?
If you want to know how to pass NEET in the first attempt in just three months and achieve a good AIR, take a strong approach to preparation -
Conduct practice tests
When candidates have completed one phase of reading, they can take NEET mock tests at any time. Medical students should take as many mock tests as they can because it will benefit them greatly. Some of these are as follows:
- Candidates will gain an understanding of the NEET question paper pattern, as simply revising will be ineffective if they do not understand the NEET exam pattern.
- Another skill that medical students will learn by taking mock tests during their three-month study plan for the NEET 2023 exam is time management. There will always be a difference between studying at home and taking the exam at the NEET examination center.
Get your doubts cleared up
- When looking for an answer to the question 'Tips to prepare for NEET 2023 in 3 months,' candidates must ensure that they have no remaining doubts about any topic. Candidates must be on the path to strengthening NEET 2023 revision from now on; any doubts will result in wasting time.
- As a result, whenever they feel they are unable to understand a topic, they must contact their tutors, seniors, or an expert. Keep in mind that not everyone can provide accurate information; therefore, the person you contact must be well-versed in the subject at hand.
Uphold physical and mental health
- Doing everything you can, incorporating everything beneficial into your 3-month NEET 2023 study plan, and ignoring your mental and physical health can have serious consequences. As a result, candidates are advised to take complete care of themselves, eat a balanced diet, and do things that relax them in between studies.
Prepare using the NCERT
- Every topper and expert will advise candidates to prepare from NCERT, which is critical. Medical students must never lose sight of their NCERT textbooks. Continue to revise it throughout your NEET 2023 preparations.
In addition to board exams
- A significant number of NEET 2023 aspirants will be studying for the entrance exam in addition to their board exams.
- Medical students must plan their three-month study schedule for NEET 2023 in such a way that they can cover both syllabi in an accurate proportion.
Topper’s and expert’s advice
- We provide you with advice from NEET toppers and experts in this section.
- Because they are well-versed in the national-level medical entrance examination, their words will make a significant difference in your three-month study plan for NEET 2023.
|Name of Topper||Study Plan|
|Tanmay Gupta, NEET 2021 AIR 1||
I believe NEET preparations also include board exam preparations. What you learn in
NEET must be written elaborately on the boards. If you carefully understand the NEET
concepts, I don't believe it will be a difficult task for anyone.
|Soyeb Aftab, NEET 2020, AIR 1||
I will only say that if they are serious about their goals, they will not deviate from their
path, and they will overcome all obstacles
|Nalin Khandelwal, AIR 1, NEET 2019||
'Aside from self-study and what was taught at the coaching institute, I used to set daily
goals and make sure to meet them before going to bed.' To pass NEET-UG, I first
concentrated on completing the NCERT syllabus. Following that, I used to do multiple
readings on a single topic and take notes in preparation. This used to help me remember
a lot of things.
|Bhavik Bansal, AIR 2, NEET 2019||
'I revised the entire syllabus three to four times,'. It should be remembered that NCERT
is the bible for all subject preparation. The NEET question paper contains 80% to 90%
of the NCERT questions.'
|Mr. Anand Nagarajan, Academic Head of T.I.M.E, Chennai||
'Candidates can prepare for NEET 2023 and board exams concurrently,'. Both exams
cover the same topics: physics, chemistry, and biology. Thus, preparing for NEET
2023 alongside Class 12 board exams will help them streamline their preparation
for both exams. Because the NEET question paper is based on the Class 12
syllabus, students must divide the entire NEET syllabus and cover every topic
for exam preparations.'
Crash Courses can be your savior
Crash courses are widely regarded as one of the best ways to prepare for the NEET exam in a short period. Crash courses can help you secure a good NEET exam rank by providing comprehensive study notes, revision tips, regular mock tests, and motivational guidance.
|Botany & Zoology||
We at Physics Wallah strongly advise NEET preparation to gain an advantage over others and ace the NEET. These are some pointers on how to perform well on the NEET exam. Stay tuned to PW for the most recent NEET notifications and updates.
Physics Wallah provides comprehensive information on NEET Syllabus, NEET Exam Pattern, NEET Book, and other related topics.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1. I want to pass the NEET exam in three months, but I find it difficult to remember the concepts. How should I proceed?
Ans. Following an effective schedule and pattern can aid in NEET exam preparation in a short period. You can use the following method:
- Determine which techniques work best for you.
- Set daily goals for yourself and complete them before going to bed.
- Regular 4-5 hour study and completion of the entire NCERT syllabus
- Make detailed notes using flow charts, diagrams, and tables.
- Creating placards and memory charts can aid in retention.
Q.2. Can I get a 600+ on the NEET with three months of preparation?
Ans. With the right preparation plan and strategy, you can score 600+ in three months. Joining a crash course is ideal for achieving a higher NEET rank because it prepares you efficiently in a short period.
If you want to use the self-study method, make a strict timetable and devote your study hours to various subjects and their important topics. Continue to practice by completing past year papers and mock tests.
Q.3. Is the NEET Exam Difficult?
Ans. Without a doubt, the NEET is a difficult and demanding exam. However, with proper hard work and dedication, one can pass the NEET exam.
Keep following NEET Blogs for the latest updates.
- Best NCERT Books For NEET Preparation
- 10 Best Medical Colleges In India
- NEET Rules And Regulations: Exam Day Guidelines By NTA
- What Are The Minimum Marks Required In NEET For MBBS?
- NEET MDS 2023 Exam: A Complete Overview
- What Are The Different Types Of Doctors?
- How Many Attempts For NEET Are There?
- National Exit Test 2024: A Complete Guide You Need To Know
- How To Become A Dermatologist In India?
- What will be the AIIMS cut-off for 2023? Previous Years Cut-off list