Crack NEET in One Year- Top 10 Tips Shared
The National Eligibility Entrance Test, more commonly known as NEET, is a national-level entrance examination for students who wish to pursue a career in medicine. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the test, and all medical colleges across the country accept the score. To crack NEET in one year, you must be disciplined and have a clear strategy.
This article will give you the top 10 tips to help you crack NEET in one year. From knowing the syllabus inside out to make a study schedule and many more, these tips will surely set you on the right track. Also, check for the best coaching institute for NEET.
Here we have listed the top 10 tips that every NEET aspirant should follow to crack NEET in one year.
- Be Familiar With The Syllabus
- When appearing for any competitive exam, it is very important to be familiar with the syllabus. This is because the syllabus will give you an idea of the topics covered in the exam and help you prepare accordingly.
- The syllabus for NEET 2022 exam is available on the Physicswallah official website. Once you have reviewed the syllabus, ensure you understand all the concepts and topics covered.
- If there are any topics that you are unsure about, make sure to ask your teacher or someone more knowledgeable for clarification.
- Analyse previous year's question papers.
Analysing the previous year's question papers is one of the most effective ways to prepare for NEET. It helps you understand the exam pattern, weight of topics, and types of questions asked. Furthermore, solving previous year's papers also boosts your confidence and time management skills.
Here are some tips for analysing the previous year's NEET question papers:
- Firstly, go through the entire syllabus and list all the topics covered in the past few years.
- Then, identify the topics that are frequently asked and those that are rarely asked.
- Study the paper pattern and marking scheme so that you know how to format your answers and how they will be evaluated.
- Once you have an overview of the important topics, start solving the previous year's papers regularly. Time yourself while solving each paper to improve your speed and accuracy.
- After solving each paper, analyse your performance by identifying your strengths and weaknesses. This will help you focus your preparation on areas that need improvement.
- Create a realistic timetable
When you are planning to appear for NEET, it is important to create a realistic timetable.
Here are some tips for creating a realistic timetable:
- Decide how many hours you can study daily. Depending on their daily routine and commitments, this will vary from person to person. Consider other important activities such as sleep, meals, and break time.
- Study regularly: One of the most important tips to crack NEET in one year is to study regularly. This means setting aside a fixed amount of time each day for studying. Creating a study schedule and sticking to it will ensure that you make consistent progress.
- Take breaks. Breaks will help you refresh your mind to return to your studies with renewed energy.
- Set achievable goals: Another important tip is to set realistic and achievable goals.
- Be flexible: Finally, be flexible with your timetable. There will be days when you need help to stick to your schedule perfectly. Do not beat yourself up over it; just try to make up for a lost time in the next few days.
- Read NCERT books and clear your basics.
To score high on the NEET, you must have a strong foundation in physics, chemistry, and biology. The best way to build this foundation is by reading NCERT textbooks and clearing your basics.
NCERT course books are the best books to read for clearing your basics for any competitive exam. They are easy to understand and provide detailed information about all the topics. If you want to crack NEET in one year, you should start by reading NCERT books and clearing your basics.
- Make Your Own Notes
Making notes is one of the most important things you can do as you begin your NEET preparation. This will help you keep track of important information and concepts and allow you to review them quickly and easily. Here are a few tips:
- Begin by listing the topics you need to cover. Include the major concepts and any specific information you want to remember.
- As you study each topic, write down key points and jot down any questions that come to mind.
- Once you understand the material, review your notes and create summary sheets. These should include the most important information to reference when needed quickly.
- Be sure to keep your notes organised so you can easily find what you need when it comes to reviewing for the exam. You may want to create separate folders or binders for each subject area.
- In addition to your notes, be sure to utilise other resources, such as study guides and practice tests. These can provide additional information and help you gauge your progress as you prepare for NEET.
- Time management
- One of the most important things to do when preparing for NEET is to manage your time wisely. This means creating a study schedule and sticking to it as much as possible.
- Make sure to allow enough time for each subject, and remember to schedule breaks so you can stay fresh.
- Additionally, try to set aside some time each day for review to keep the material you've learned fresh in your mind.
- Finally, use any spare moments you have throughout the day to squeeze in some extra studying, even if it's just 10 minutes here or there. If you can effectively manage your time, you'll be well on your way to acing NEET.
- Identify your weak areas
As with any exam, you are identifying your weak areas is the first step in preparing for NEET. Once you know where to focus your studies, you can create a study plan targeting those areas.
Here are some ways to identify your weak areas:
- Review past exams: If you have given NEET exams earlier, review the questions you got wrong and try to identify any patterns. This will help you focus your study on the topics that trip you up the most.
- Have a conversation with friends and family: Ask your friends and family who have already appeared in NEET what they found to be the most challenging topics. They can give you some insights into what areas you should focus on.
- Take a full-length practice test: Taking a full-length practice test is a great way to identify your weak areas. After completing the test, review the questions you got wrong and see if there are any common themes.
This will give you a good idea of which topics to focus on before taking the real exam. Also, check for neet online coaching.
- Practice mock tests regularly
- Mock tests are a great way for NEET 2023 preparation as they familiarise students with the exam format and question types. Every student taking the NEET Exam has to complete 180 questions in 180 minutes.
- This means they can only answer one question in one minute. To maintain time management, keep time limits in mind and take NEET mock tests regularly.
- Attempting as many mock tests as possible in the months leading up to the exam is important. Also, check for the best NEET test series.
- Do Revision regularly.
- It is very important to review whatever you have studied regularly. Try to revise your lesson at least once a week. This will help you remember the concepts better and identify areas you need to improve.
- When you are revising, make sure to go through all your class notes, handouts, and textbooks. Also, try to solve as many practice questions as possible. This will help you gauge your understanding of the concepts and identify the areas where you need more work.
- Relax and stay positive.
- Your attitude determines the effectiveness of your learning process. If you have a negative attitude and keep telling yourself that you can't do anything, it will not help you learn.
- A negative attitude will make things more difficult. When you start thinking positively, your brain will become more productive. You will also feel less anxious and more open to new ideas if you have the right mindset. You can check for the neet preparation courses
Various factors play a role in determining one's success in cracking the NEET exam. Remember, consistency is key, and you must put in the hard work to see results.
However, we have compiled a list of the top 10 tips that will give you the best chance to crack NEET in one year. By following these tips and putting in the required effort, we are confident that you will be able to achieve your goal of cracking the NEET exam within one year.
Q1. Is NCERT Enough To crack NEET in one year?
Ans. NEET covers the NCERT syllabus. While a significant proportion of the question paper is based on NCERT from classes 11 and 12, a considerable portion is also asked from sources other than NCERT, so it is hard to say that you can crack neet from ncert books.
Q2. Do 12th-grade marks matter in NEET?
Ans. The results of the 12th grade are not important for admission to the MBBS programme. To appear for the NEET test, however, the candidate must have obtained the required percentage in PCB in the 12th grade, i.e., Gen - 50%, OBC/SC/ST - 40%, PWD - 45%.
Q3. What is the NEET exam time limit?
Ans. The allotted time for the exam is three hours and twenty minutes. It will be an offline exam, i.e., with pen and paper.