How Can I Get AIR 1 in NEET 2023?
NEET, one of the most competitive national-level admission exams, is quickly approaching, and candidates are studying nonstop to prepare. Every year, lakhs of students take this exam; some pass, while others work even harder to prepare for exams the following year. More than 15.97 lakh people have registered for NEET 2023. This exam was taken by approximately 80% of the candidates. As evidenced by the data, competition is fiercer than ever, and it is only getting worse. As a result, candidates should aim to pass the exam with the highest possible score.
We have compiled and made available to you some of the best advice and ideas that NEET toppers have used to their advantage over the years through this article.
|Table of Content|
- The National Eligibility and Entrance Examination. NEET is an all-India medical entrance examination for admission to undergraduate medical and dental programs. Every year, lakhs of candidates compete for a few thousand seats in this highly competitive exam.
- Naturally, aspirants must deal with a lot of pressure and go through a lot of rigor during their preparations. NEET aspirants are more likely to succeed if they have thoroughly covered the syllabus and have been allowed ample time for self-assessment.
- Here are some expert tips for getting AIR 1 in the NEET 2023 -
Enhanced Syllabus Familiarity
- The NEET syllabus is extensive, and the resources are undoubtedly numerous. Keep superfluous information to a minimum and concentrate on important topics. The NEET exam covers the NCERT syllabus, and studying the NCERT topics pays off.
- Because many topics overlap in the NEET and NCERT syllabi, being thorough in the NCERT topics saves a lot of time.
High-Quality Study Material
Choosing the right study material for the NEET exam is critical. Manuals from reputable institutes are reliable resources. Furthermore, seek the advice of your teachers and seniors when selecting appropriate study materials.
Create A Timeline That Is Realistic And Customized
- Make a workable schedule and stick to it religiously.
- Create a calendar and a diary. iii. Establish your priorities.
- Plan long study sessions and take frequent breaks to refresh your mind.
- Get enough rest.
Develop the habit of taking meticulous and precise notes while learning. They aid learning and are extremely useful during revision. It also helps to keep a "mistake journal" in which you record your common errors as well as your areas of weakness. This will assist you in overcoming your shortcomings.
- Even if you have mastered a specific topic, concept, or subject, it is important to revise regularly. Revision is critical for NEET preparation. Make a point of emphasizing both important and weak points when revising. It bears repeating that keeping notes, short notes, and a mistake journal are extremely beneficial in revision.
- In Physics, thoroughly review the formulas and their derivations, and in Chemistry, go over important reactions, equations, and mechanisms.
- To help you remember, make mind maps of the chapters and experiment with mnemonics, heuristics, and analogies. These assist us in learning and retrieving information more quickly. It's a great way to remember Biology terms, for example.
- This can only be obtained by devoting time to learning and understanding, and if necessary, seeking assistance from experts/seniors/online, etc. sources.
- Aspirants must strive to answer at least 150 questions per day, with each attempt presenting a new challenge. Take on new topics, learn about them, comprehend them, and answer as many questions as you can.
- You can do this by reviewing additional information related to the questions, examining each question and the options provided, and solving formula-based questions to assess your own abilities.
- This broadens your understanding, increases conceptual transparency, improves logical thinking abilities, and boosts confidence in making decisions based on the answers.
- The goal of exercise in this context is to reduce stress. By taking regular walks, swimming, or running, you can reduce your stress and keep it from becoming dysfunctional. Exercise increases the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine in the brain while decreasing the stress hormone cortisol.
- Aspirants should be healthy and composed when taking the exam. Make sure you're getting enough nutrition and stay away from junk food.
Practice Mock Tests
- All candidates taking the NEET exam must complete 200 questions in approximately 200 minutes. This means that, on average, one cannot afford to spend more than one minute per question. As a result, time management is the most important aspect of NEET success.
- So, keep the time limit in mind and practice NEET mock test papers regularly to improve your time management.
Use online resources for assistance
- Remember that the NEET is a timed test, and your score is determined by how well you applied the knowledge you gained by mastering concepts. As a result, you must understand your concepts. You can get assistance with this online, which is a better and more practical way to get your questions answered.
- These online coaching services provide all necessary instruction, saving students time that would otherwise be spent researching irrelevant information. Some also provide NEETs with helpful shortcuts, advice, and techniques. Also, look for the best NEET 2023 online resources.
Subject-wise Time Allotment
- Organize your time so that you can focus on the topics that you believe require more of your attention. But just because you're good at something doesn't mean you should disregard it or take it for granted. Set boundaries and finish topics within the time allotted.
- Physics takes time, numerical calculations necessitate comprehension and memory during exam time, and recalling formulas in seconds necessitates practice. Given the breadth of Biology and the fact that Chemistry is the most time-consuming and highest-scoring subject, candidates should plan ahead of time.
- It is critical to recognize that maintaining an optimal level of concentration without adequate breaks is difficult. Regular breaks have been shown in studies to improve our ability to receive and retrieve information. Breaks can include a ten-minute walk, a trip to the gym, chatting with friends, or simply taking a short nap.
Also check: NEET Previous Year Question Papers
Choose the Best Books
NCERT books for NEET must be your go-to resource for NEET. Avoid getting confused by consulting multiple sources. According to a top student, having studied a concept from multiple sources confused the exam room, making it difficult to respond. Stay away from this situation. Here is more information on the best set of books for NEET.
The NEET 2019 Topper, Nalin Khandelwal from Rajasthan, advises learning these three things exclusively to succeed on the exam:
- Coaching notes for the NCERT Class 11 and 12 Syllabus (if you have received coaching)
- Solving questions from previous years (up to 20 questions from previous years)
Always prioritize smart work over hard work
- The brightest students understand how much time to devote to each subject. Avoid overloading with points and use multiple sources to back up your claims. If you've ever looked at exam questions, you've probably noticed that while the topic is always the same, the questions change all the time.
- Your attitude determines the effectiveness of your learning process. If you have a negative attitude and keep telling yourself that you can't do it, it will not help you learn. A negative attitude will make things more difficult. When you start thinking positively, your brain will work at its most creative.
Despite all of the preparation tips and strategies, aspirants still make mistakes. Here are some common mistakes to avoid while preparing for the NEET:
- Failure to Follow the Timetable: Candidates must ensure that they strictly adhere to the timetable that they have prepared for the exam.
- Hectic Schedule: Candidates should avoid studying for long periods because it can exhaust them.
- Do Not Ignore NCERT: Since 70% of the questions come from NCERT textbooks, students should ensure that they have completed all of the NCERT books.
- Following Too Many Books: Aspirants should avoid studying too many books at once as this can lead to confusion and jeopardize their NEET preparation.
- Subject Ignorance: When it comes to competition.
Also check: NEET Exam Pattern 2023
Before the test, make sure you practice as many questions as possible. Practice is the only way to understand how the questions in the exams are asked and how to manage your time during the exam. Before taking the exam, NEET toppers strongly advise solving the previous year's papers. You will be fine if you maintain good health and get enough sleep.
Hopefully, the information provided above has helped you prepare for NEET as efficiently as possible. It is always preferable to learn from the experts rather than starting from scratch if you want to be successful.
Follow Physics Wallah to get the most recent NEET notifications and updates.
Q.1. What is the best platform for NEET 2023?
Ans. Physics Wallah may be the best online coaching organization to help you pass NEET 2023, particularly if you are a dropper.
Q.2. What Should You Avoid When Studying for the NEET?
Ans. Students' primary focus should be on exam preparation while studying. Students should avoid using social media or watching television while studying.
Q.3. Will NEET Be Simple?
Ans. The NEET Exam is one of India's most difficult entrance exams, with lakhs of students taking it each year. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of students pass NEET and gain admission to their preferred medical schools.