How To Avoid Distraction While Preparing For NEET?
Is passing the NEET exam your top priority? Have you given it your all in the NEET exam preparation, yet you still find yourself getting sidetracked? It definitely may be exhausting for a student to manage coaching classes, offline college and even online classes, so it is normal to feel overburdened or distracted, especially when students have a lot on their mind.
Lack of enthusiasm, interest, and dedication contributes to the distractions in NEET preparation. You must give all your focus into the preparation of NEET, and you must eliminate any distraction that can interfere with your studies.
One of the most important pieces of advice from students who pass the NEET examinations is to stay focused and finish your homework assignments on time. Any backlog will hurt you in the future.
|Table of Content|
- All students who are interested in a career in medicine such as MBBS, BDS, etc. must take the NEET, also known as the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Students who want to study medicine at government or private colleges in India or who want to pursue a medical degree overseas can both take this examination.
- In India, many individuals choose to work in the medical industry. There will thus be a lot of competitors. The NEET exam is extremely challenging. Many students who attempt this test do not end up making it through. The likelihood of passing this exam has now drastically decreased due to the increase in competition.
- There will be several distractions when it comes to your NEET preparation, which will prevent you from giving it your best. You must ensure that you provide your best effort and cannot afford to get distracted in any way. Now the question arises, How to avoid distraction while preparing for NEET? To answer this question, we at PhysicsWallah have made a list of points to keep you from getting distracted on your way!
- It is essential to create a study schedule for your NEET preparation, especially since it is an extremely important examination. Never duplicate someone else's schedule since it could interfere with how you work. Create one that reflects your study habits, and time management issues won't arise as a result. It is strongly advised that you keep this schedule in front of you since it will act as a reminder and assist you in maintaining concentration.
- Distraction is caused by lack of focus and discipline. You can study every subject included in the NEET on a regular basis with the aid of a carefully planned schedule. Setting a regular study schedule might help you avoid getting sidetracked by less important things. Pay attention to the schedule and make sure to prepare properly. Additionally, it makes it easier to keep track of what you have learned, how much time you spent on each subject, and how well you are doing.
- Hence, create a proper study schedule that suits your preferences and plans and make an effort to adhere to it each day. Distractions are less likely to occur when you follow a structured study plan for NEET.
- When it comes to NEET preparation, the internet will undoubtedly be of great use to you, but it is best to avoid being overly dependent on it. Reference books have always been a wise choice that you must consider. Even if technological devices like your phone or computer will be useful, they will also take up a fair share of your attention. Therefore, it is best to avoid them as much as possible.
- Not only during studying, but even generally, screens are a major cause of distraction. However, if a smartphone or video game console is around, it is nearly impossible to complete any activity without getting distracted. Keep your gadgets away; to be more specific, avoid being near any screen, be it a laptop, television, iPad, or phone.
- Social media app alerts are a major source of distraction since they keep coming in, and no matter how hard you try not to, you simply can't resist the impulse to check your phone. The easiest strategy to avoid using your phone while you're studying is to put it in silent mode and give it to your parents. Your subconscious mind will keep bringing you back to your phone if you leave it on your table or anywhere close to you.
- Have you been pushing yourself too hard while preparing for NEET? Because your mind is under a lot of strain and stress, it is only normal for you to get distracted. How will you be able to focus if your body and mind are worn out? Another factor can be that you constantly worry about yourself. It is crucial to maintain your composure and have faith in your abilities so that, on the day of the exam, you are ready to take on the challenge and perform to the best of your abilities.
- Many people don't take breaks when studying for the NEET exam because they believe it would be a waste of time and they would lose focus. When people do take breaks, they frequently go about it incorrectly. We cannot emphasize enough on how crucial breaks are when it comes to preparing for a test. You must ensure that you take a break of at least five minutes every 30 minutes of studying. You don't have to study constantly for 2-3 hours at a time. In actuality, taking brief breaks after 45 to 60 minutes of study will increase productivity. For optimal performance, your brain also needs rest.
- There is a certain method to follow when it comes to taking breaks. Meditation is really beneficial. You could even take a long walk around your room. This way you won’t be idle and it will keep you moving. Your brain requires a break even if you don't feel like one is necessary. By doing this, you may avoid getting tired after spending a lot of time sitting still and studying.
- While adhering to your schedule is important, it is always wiser to arrange your study time wisely depending on what requires your immediate attention. If you find a specific subject, chapter or topic difficult, then give it more of a priority. Your mind will get crowded in the end if you blindly follow the pattern and skip the important lessons. It also diverts attention.
- Students sometimes tend to lose interest in their studies due to their study schedules and methods for NEET. Come up with a few strategies for dealing with distractions and take constant breaks. Be wise enough to recognize how important your time is and use it for enhancing your focus. Because second chances aren't always available in life, resolve to succeed on your first try.
- Studying requires mental engagement; else, your efforts for the NEET exam will be a waste. Be flexible with your study routine and attempt to engage in other things to keep your body and mind fresh if you become bored.
For effective study, you need a proper setting. You require a quiet setting that is free of outside noise. You will feel "in your zone" if you begin studying in the same cozy location every day. You may study for a long time without getting disturbed for the NEET 2023 exam with this method. Yes, one of the main reasons you are unable to focus is likely due to your workspace or study location.
- Avoid studying in a space that is near a road or street since the sound of passing traffic will constantly distract you.
- Choose a location that is away from any potential distractions.
- Your ideal study space might be an isolated (or least utilized) room with a well-ventilated setup.
- The study room has to be well lit and equipped with all the conveniences (study furniture and tools).
- To prevent trespassers from interfering with your study time, lock the door from inside.
In order to focus on your work for hours on end, find your "my zone."
- Since we are all human, it is only natural for us to want happiness in life. You could feel worn out and unmotivated if you fully cut off any entertainment and leisure activities. If you manage to study well without being interrupted, don't hesitate to reward yourself with a single episode of your preferred television program or video game.
- You might even have your preferred dinner out with your buddies. You will undoubtedly feel content, and this may inspire you to set greater goals. We are aware that prolonged study sessions can be stressful and that taking a break is essential for improving retention of the material. It revitalizes the brain. The desire to take frequent breaks, nevertheless, can substantially impede learning. A NEET candidate who takes numerous breaks frequently gets distracted and loses concentration.
- Although tedious, NEET preparation is not impossible. Don't allow stress to compromise your mental health. Sometimes, students may even feel the need to leave the class midway. There may be moments when you have to put your personal life on hold; you won't be able to watch your favorite shows or go to family gatherings, but it won't be forever.
- You will be able to live the life of your dreams once all the hard work is done, and you can then make up for every adventure you missed. Cracking the NEET exam requires quite a lot of dedication and hardwork and there is no way to walk through this path other than keeping all the distractions away. We hope that these pointers will keep you motivated while you work on your NEET preparation and we wish you all the best!
Q.1. How many times can I attempt NEET?
Ans. A candidate can attempt NEET any number of times. There is no such restriction.
Q.2. How much do I need to score in NEET 2022 to get a seat in a popular medical college?
Ans. For a NEET candidate, it is essential to score above 500 marks out of 720 to get a seat in a popular medical college. Although the cutoff of every college keeps changing.
Q.3. How many hours should I sleep during NEET?
Ans. Get a minimum of 6-7 hours of sleep daily.
Q.4. Can I join MBBS without NEET?
Ans. This is not possible. Cracking the NEET exam is mandatory to get into a government college.