How To Prepare for NEET and JEE Simultaneously
JEE and NEET both are one of the toughest exams in India, there is no doubt that one can prepare for both of these exams simultaneously. The real trick lies in hard work and dedication. Students should be ready to put in lots of effort and should be disciplined in their approach. On one hand, JEE Mains exam is conducted to grant admission to engineering colleges, NEET exam is conducted for admissions to Medical colleges.
Although it is possible it's not an easy deal. It will require your full attention and patience. To prepare for JEE Mains and NEET there are certain points that should be kept in mind. It will surely help you in preparing well and scoring good marks in both exams.
Here are some Preparation Tips you can follow -
|Table of Content|
- Every exam demands some other thing, and it must be kept in mind before preparing. As we can see, both of these exams have physics and chemistry as common subjects.
- Although the level of physics questions in JEE exam is a little tough as compared to NEET, a holistic and deep approach should be taken so that both exams will be covered.
- Whereas, subjects such as Maths and Biology should be prepared separately. So we can say that we can prepare for both these exams at the same time.
- It is by far the best way to boost your preparation, and solve IIT past question papers for extra practice. It not only helps in practicing but also gives an idea about how questions are asked and how to solve them.
- As both exams have a unique pattern of questions, so make sure to align with the syllabus and pattern. You can also access various JEE mock test papers online from various websites.
- Solving mock tests is a great way to improve your speed and accuracy, it helps in highlighting which chapters require extra attention and practice. Students should focus on solving NEET mock tests offline as well as online.
- As both these exams share a similar syllabus, you can practice studying for chapters that are common to both at the same time. It will save time and also helps in an extensive and rich preparation base.
- Always start with NCERTs and then go further for extra reference books for understanding deeply.
- Combining topics for the study is a very great strategy as it is an important thing if you want to study for both exams together.
- Revision is the key, even if you study hard all year but in the end, if you don't revise the syllabus, you are not going anywhere.
- Revision is very important for any exam, take some time to revise previously learned concepts and chapters.
- Set weekly as well as monthly targets to revise the chapters already learned.
- Solve questions as much as you can, and master the NCERT for the NEET exam as questions from biology sections can come from any sentence. You can also take an online course for JEE Mains and Advance for end-time revision. Make a timetable to organize your learning and follow it throughout your preparation.
- Generally, students pay more attention to physics and mathematics due to their level of difficulty, but it is suggested not to underestimate biology.
- Biology as a subject requires memorization of a vast syllabus and you will not be able to do it in a single day or at the last moment.
- So it is always advised to study chapters of biology side by side, and revise it properly. NCERT for NEET Biology must be on your tips, refer to other reference books for added practice. Practice lots of MCQ-type questions and try to make a grip on them.
We can say that studying for both these exams can be made easier and simpler by following the above points. No exam is tough and with such similarity, it can be prepared at the same time. It is a great advantage to prepare at the same time because it shares the same topics. It also opens a wide range of career opportunities for you, as one will have a choice to pursue a career in their best-scored exam.
Q.1.What are some main chapters of physics to study for JEE Mains Exam?
Ans. The exam consists of class 11th and 12th NCERT chapters.
Key topics for the Physics section- Electricity, Magnetism, Thermodynamics, Optics, and Nuclear Physics.
Q.2.What are some key topics of Chemistry to study for JEE Mains and NEET Exam?
Ans. Some of the most important chapters of chemistry to prepare are - Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical bonding, and the periodic table, Organic chemistry.
Q.3. Which books to refer to for Physics chapters for NEET Exam?
Ans. Students should first study from NCERT to build a base and then try studying from the following books such as -
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- DC Pandey Physics
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday
Q.4. What are some key topics of Biology to study for the NEET Exam?
Ans. The most important chapters from biology are given below -
- Cell Biology and Structure
- Human Physiology covers a wide syllabus and should be well prepared in advance, as the chapters are connected to one another so it better study effectively.
- Genetics and Evolution
Q.5. Is The level of questions in both these exams are same?
Ans. No, both the exams are designed in a different way, but share a very much similar syllabus. But again, the level of questions asked is very different. In JEE Mains the level of physics and chemistry questions is a bit difficult when compared to NEET.