RRB NTPC Exam Pattern 2022: Section-wise Railway NTPC Test Pattern of Stage 1 & 2
The Railway Recruitment Boards releases RRB NTPC Exam Pattern along with the detailed notification on their official portal. Candidates should check the exam pattern of all the stages of the RRB NTPC recruitment before starting their exam preparation. This will help them to align their preparation with the NTPC exam requirement.
Before moving ahead with the exam pattern, let’s discuss some important facts about the RRB NTPC recruitment process. Every year, the Railway Recruitment Board invites online applications from eligible candidates for the following posts of Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) in Indian Railways:
- Junior Clerk cum Typist
- Goods Guard
- Trains Clerk
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk,
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist
- Junior Time Keeper
- Traffic Assistant
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist
- Senior Time Keeper
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
- Senior Clerk cum Typist
- Commercial Apprentice and Station Master.
Thus, the candidates need to clear all the selection round to get featured in the final RRB NTPC Result PDF. The RRB NTPC selection process comprises various stages i.e Computer Based Test (Ist Stage), Computer Based Test (2nd Stage), Typing Skill Test/Computer Based Aptitude Test (as applicable), and Document Verification/Medical Examination.
In this article, we have shared detailed RRB NTPC Exam Pattern 2022 for all the recruitment stages for the reference of the aspirants.
The complete overview of the various stages of the RRB NTPC recruitment process for all the notified posts is shared below:
|Post Name||1st stage CBT||2nd stage CBT||Skill Test Criteria|
|Junior Clerk cum Typist||Common for all posts||Common for all Level 2 posts||Typing Skill Test|
|Junior Time Keeper|
|Accounts Clerk cum Typist|
|Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||Separate for Level 3 post||-|
|Traffic Assistant||Separate for Level 4 post||Computer Based Aptitude Test|
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||Common for all Level 5 posts||-|
|Goods Guard||Common for all Level 5 posts||-|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist||Common for all Level 5 posts||Typing Skill Test|
|Senior Time Keeper|
|Junior Account Assistant cum Typist|
|Commercial Apprentice||Common for all Level 6 posts||-|
|Station Master||Common for all Level 6 posts||Computer Based Aptitude Test|
Note: The document verification and Medical test will be conducted for all the notified posts.
- The exam pattern for RRB NTPC Computer-Based Test (Ist Stage) is common for all the notified posts.
- The first stage of CBT comprises 100 objective types of questions for a total of 100 marks.
- As per RRB NTPC marking scheme, each question will carry 1 mark and there shall be a negative marking of 1/3 mark for each wrong response.
- The RRB NTPC Exam Pattern for CBT 1 is illustrated below
|RRB NTPC 1st Stage CBT Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Mathematics||30||30||90 Minutes (120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates with scribe)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
Note: The RRB NTPC minimum qualifying marks for CBT 1 in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, SC-30%, OBC (Non-creamy layer) -30%, ST-25%.
- Candidates who will qualify in the first stage CBT round will be shortlisted for the second stage CBT round of the NTPC selection process.
- This CBT round will also consist of 120 objective types of questions for a total of 120 marks.
- As per RRB NTPC Marking Scheme, each question carries 1 mark and a negative marking of 1/3 mark will be applicable for each wrong answer.
- The RRB NTPC Exam Pattern for CBT 2 is given below
|RRB NTPC 2nd Stage CBT Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||50||50||90 Minutes (120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates with scribe)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35||35|
Note: The RRB NTPC minimum qualifying marks for CBT 2 in various categories: UR-40%, ST-25%, EWS-40%, SC-30%, OBC (Non-creamy layer) -30%
- The RRB NTPC CBAT round will be conducted only for candidates who have applied for Traffic Assistant and Station Master. The candidates will be shortlisted 8 times the number of vacancies in the category.
- The candidate shall be short-listed for CBAT based on the marks obtained in the second stage of CBT who have applied for the SM/TA post.
- Candidates need to clear each of the test batteries of CBAT in order to be considered for the SM/TA post.
- The medium of CBAT paper shall be only in English and Hindi and there will be no negative marking in this round.
- The SM/TA merit list will be prepared only for the candidates who will qualify in the CBAT, with 70% marks weightage secured in the second stage CBT and 30%marks weightage obtained in CBAT.
- The candidates will have to obtain at least a T-Score of 42 marks in each of the test batteries to be declared qualified. Also, this is applicable to all the categories of the candidates and no relaxation in the minimum T- Score is allowed.
- The Typing Skill Test is conducted for the posts of Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Accounts Clerk cum Typist and Junior Time Keeper.
- The RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test will be of qualifying nature.
- In the Typing Test, the candidates will be asked to type 30 words per minute (WPM) in English or 25 WPM in Hindi on Personal Computer only without editing tools and spelling checking facility.
- For candidates who will participate in the typing skill test in Kruti Dev, Hindi, and Mangal, the font shall be displayed for them on their Personal computers during the exam.
- The candidates who will qualify in 2nd Stage CBT and CBAT/TST (as applicable) will be shortlisted for Document Verification.
- The final appointment of selected candidates will be based on the candidate’s qualifying in the required medical fitness test and final verification of educational, and community certificates and antecedents/character of the candidates.
- Candidates will be required to carry the following documents in original/ in order to be considered in the final RRB NTPC Merit List.
- Matriculation/High School Examination Certificate or Equivalent
- +2 / Inter / Higher Secondary/PUC/Equivalent Certificate
- A University degree
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Income Certificate, if applicable
- Original discharge certificate for Ex-servicemen
- Self-Certification by the Transgender candidate's
- Death Certificate of husband for the widow candidates
- Other Relevant Documents
We hope this article on RRB NTPC Exam Pattern was insightful for our readers. Candidates must be familiar with the exam pattern of all the stages of the RRB NTPC recruitment to understand the marking scheme followed by the board.
For more of such latest articles, quizzes, and study books for Railway exams you can get the Physics Wallah app from the play store.
Q1. What is the RRB NTPC exam pattern for the Ist Stage CBT round?
Ans. As per the official RRN NTPC paper pattern, the first stage CBT paper comprises 100 objective types of questions for a total of 100 marks. The exam duration will be 90 minutes.
Q2. Is RRB NTPC CBT 1 qualifying?
Ans. Yes. The NTPC 1st Stage CBT is of qualifying nature and the standard of questions is usually based on the educational standards notified for the posts.
Q3. What are the passing marks for the NTPC Exam?
Ans. In RRB NTPC CBT 1 & 2 exams, the minimum qualifying marks in various categories: UR-40%, OBC (Non-creamy layer) -30%, EWS-40%, SC-30%, and ST-25%