Ultimate guide for SSC CHSL Preparation
SSC CHSL Exam 2023 - The Staff Selection Commission released a notice on November 3, stating that the official Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination notifications will be published on December 6.
SSC will also release the SSC CHSL 2023 application form in online mode along with the notification. The exam for tier 1 will be conducted tentatively in February/March of 2023. Candidates are requested to visit the official SSC website to fill out the application form.
Through this exam, candidates get recruited every year for posts like Lower Division Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, etc.
For more detail and preparation tips about the SSC CHSL exam, applicants can check the article below.
|Table of Content|
|Name of Exam||SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission - Combined Higher Secondary Level)|
|Conducting Body||SSC (Staff Selection Commission)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Frequency of Exam||1 Year|
|Mode of Exam||
|Duration of Exam||
|Exam Languages||English and Hindi|
Education: Candidates have to clear class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
Age: The SSC CHSL Age limit of the candidate should be between 18-27 years as of January 1, 2023. Moreover, the candidates must not be born before 2 January 1996 and not later than 1st January 2005. Although, there is some relaxation in the upper age limit for a few reserved categories.
Nationality- The applicant should be
- An Indian citizen,
- A subject of Nepal, or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1963, to settle permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from either/or Pakistan,
Sri Lanka, Burma, and East African countries including Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam to settle permanently in India.
- Refer to trusted study material
To prepare for SSC CHSL effectively candidates should refer to trusted study materials and books. One can ask their peers, teachers, and seniors for suggestions to find suitable reference books. Candidates can also look online for the best books to prepare for SSC CHSL where they will be able to choose from various study materials that others have used in their preparation.
Some books that can help candidates focus better on the subject matter are-
SSC CHSL books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations - R.S. Aggarwal
- Quantum CAT - Sarvesh K Verma
- SSC Mathematics - Rakesh Yadav
SSC CHSL books for English
- Objective General English - SP Bakshi
- Competitive General English - Kiran Prakashan
- Quick Learning Objective General English - RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
SSC CHSL books for General Awareness
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
SSC CHSL books for Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning - R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning - M.K. Pandey
- Take mock tests/typing tests to check your preparation
- Once candidates have covered the whole SSC CHSL syllabus they should start taking mock tests and solving sample papers. To get the best results out of your preparation, it is advised that candidates take as many mock tests as possible to check their accuracy and speed.
- Solving sample papers and mock tests will also give them an idea of what kind of questions to expect on the day of the exam. Referring to SSC CHSL previous year papers can also be beneficial.
- Candidates should also focus on practicing typing for 30 minutes to an hour daily to prepare themselves for the skill test.
- Create a timetable
- To optimize your time and energy to their fullest creating a well-constructed timetable to establish a routine and rhythm is important. A timetable should suit your requirements and help you to finish several topics/subjects in a certain period of time.
- It helps in directing your energy in a particular direction, this will prevent the wastage of your time/energy, regulate your body clock, ensure discipline and help you prepare for the exam in an orderly fashion.
- Having a fixed routine for studying will allow your body to get the required rest so that your preparations go smoothly.
- Stay healthy and positive
- A healthy mind and body will help you accomplish your goals. Good health and a positive mindset not only lowers stress levels caused by a hectic study schedule but also strengthen problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- A sound mind and body help one relax, focus and absorb information more quickly. It lets you retain information in your brain for a long period and recall it easily on the day of the exam.
- Candidates therefore should prioritize their mental and physical well-being in order to ace the exam.
- Also read - Best Online Courses for SSC CHSL, SSC CGL & SSC GD
- So far we discussed the SSC CHSL exam pattern in detail and how analyzing it will give candidates a head start in their preparations.
- We also discussed a few tips on how to score well on the exam.
- Once candidates clear the SSC CHSL exam and get their desired jobs they will be able to enjoy various perks. Apart from basic pay, the jobs offer many allowances as well.
- SSC CHSL gives you job security with assured career growth compared to other government jobs. Being patient and working hard will ensure your selection for one of the most sought-after government jobs in India.
Q1. Is 1 year enough for SSC CHSL preparation?
Ans. Yes, you can prepare for SSC CHSL in one year. Understanding the syllabus, time management, and practicing sample question papers will help you to prepare for the exam.
Q2. How many times can I attempt CHSL?
Ans. There are no restrictions on the number of attempts for the CHSL exam set by SSC. Although there is an age limit for different categories. Those who are aged between 18 to 27 years can apply for CHSL.
Q3. Is the SSC CHSL typing test tough?
Ans. No, the typing test is not tough but it does require practicing for 2-3 months. Candidates can use English/Hindi printed matter to practice typing with speed and accuracy.
Q4. Which books are best for SSC CHSL preparation?
Ans. Books published by RS Aggarwal, Kiran Publications, and NCERTs are good for the preparation of SSC CHSL. Candidates are also advised to refer to the previous year’s papers of SSC CHSL.
Q5. What are the jobs offered by SSC CHSL?
Ans. Jobs offered by SSC CHSL upon successfully passing the exam are Data Entry Operators, Lower Division Clerk/Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal/Sorting Assistant, etc.