Start your preparation for CTET with the best student's guide
The CTET 2023 Exam is administered at the central level by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Board. Each year, a significant number of applicants take the CTET Exam.
Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the CTET exam are separate tests. Candidates who intend to teach grades from one to five should take CTET Paper 1, and those who intend to teach grades from six to eight should take CTET Paper 2.
If candidates want to teach students from first to eighth grades, they must pass both exams. Students' doubts and concerns about selecting a traditional teaching method or online teaching have grown as a result of the evolving techniques.
|Table of Content|
The CTET exam preparation advice provided here can help candidates who will be taking the upcoming exam do well on it. You may certainly obtain top marks and pass the CTET exam by reading through these straightforward CTET students' guidelines and putting them into practice in your study.
- Understand the CTET exam pattern and curriculum
The first and most important step in preparing for the CTET is to have a thorough understanding of the exam format and content. Questions from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies are included in the CTET paper for the primary level. In contrast, the upper-primary level CTET paper includes questions from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language-I, Language-II, Mathematics & Science, or Social Studies/Social Science.
- Take CTET's Child Development and Pedagogy component seriously
One of the CTET's sections with the highest scores is the one on child development and pedagogy. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 include the Child Development and Pedagogy subject, which is worth 30 marks in each paper. The material is also essential to excelling as a professional teacher. Candidates are therefore recommended to prepare thoroughly for this portion.
- Create a daily CTET study schedule
Candidates might develop a list of the topics in which they are strong and weak after reading through the entire ctet exam syllabus. This can make it simple for applicants to create a schedule.
Students must adhere to the daily study schedule outlined below in order to pass the CTET exam. The candidate's subject- and topic-specific planning and strategy are crucial if they want to pass the CTET on their first attempt.
|Subjects||Number of hours per day to be dedicated|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||1.5 hours|
|Environmental Studies or Science||1-2 hours|
|Social Studies||1-2 hours|
- Which method of studying is suitable?
Your amount of success is not based on your preferred learning style. Without a question, there are benefits and drawbacks to both offline and online tutoring. Students must grasp the strategy that is ideal for them in this situation. In either teaching method, there won't be a successful outcome without work and sincere devotion.
- Do not forget that there will be no negative markings
Candidates should be aware that CTET does not have negative markings, hence they should not leave any questions unanswered when taking the exam. Before attempting the other questions, try the one in which you feel most confident.
- Daily practice with mock exams
Try to complete the CTET Mock Tests after finishing each topic to boost your confidence and prepare for the test. By taking practice tests, you can also improve your speed and accuracy. Additionally, you can get better at managing time while taking the test.
These can aid in improving your self-analysis. You can identify your concepts' strengths and weaknesses. This can also assist you in developing a plan for which questions to tackle first during the exam so that you don't run out of time.
- Avoid straining to learn everything
When you don't have much time for preparation, avoid attempting to study everything in the curriculum. Instead of learning a lot of new material, candidates preparing for the CTET should concentrate more on revision.
Candidates must confirm they are using the correct CTET Preparation Books when studying. Make sure the books to which you are referring cover all the sections and subjects.
- Review the papers from previous years
After finishing your studies, attempt the CTET sample questions. You can prepare for the exam by solving the previous year's papers. Make sure you solve frequently to be flawless with all problems.
In order to gain the upper hand on a competitive exam like the CTET, you must refer to the questions that have already been asked. If you regularly refer to ctet previous year's question paper, you will get at your dream with ease.
It is useful to be aware of the precise paper ctet exam pattern and syllabus. You will comprehend the Section-wise Questions and Weightage by studying the previous year's papers. The CTET Question Papers can be solved to improve time management. Your confidence level increases. And most importantly it will help you understand the level of your preparation You must set aside a specific time frame for answering the CTET-based question paper because of this reason.
- How to pass the CTET on the first try with one month of preparation?
If you are dedicated and work for four to six hours a day for a month, then you can crack the CTET exam on the first attempt.
The following technique can help candidates pass the CTET exam on their first try:
- Creating a study strategy that will help them pass the test
- Developing a method for preparation that works
- Practicing well
Try to go over each issue again after the entire timetable has been finished. Instead of just cramming, strive to learn the question and understand its fundamental concepts during the revision by making an effort to memorize the concept, significant theories, and formulas.
- How to Get Ready for the CTET in Three Months?
The three months leading up to the CTET test are very important. If candidates prepare properly, they can pass the exam with ease. To prepare for the CTET exam in three months, use the advice provided:
- Recognize the CTET syllabus and exam format.
- Start by locating the top CTET books and getting ready.
- Complete the previous year's CTET exams.
- Try at least one CTET practice exam each day.
- Continue to edit the bulleted notes.
To ensure proper CTET preparation, it is crucial to understand each topic's basic concepts. Prioritize the core concepts of each subject, especially those that have to do with education and child development. Try to frequently finish the quizzes for each subject to improve test performance and accuracy.
The amount of revision you complete in the last three months before the CTET examination could have a significant impact on how well you perform in the exam.
- The final few days before the exam is for last-minute review. The ideal moment to concentrate on CTET's last-minute preparation advice is now. Candidates would be able to pass the CTET exam with high marks if they study and practice. Here are some crucial last-minute CTET preparation suggestions-
- Analyze the completed CTET test questions and practice exams
- Create a sound plan for attempting the paper.
- Managing time and accuracy
- Set up the CTET admission card and other paperwork.
- Remain composed and assured.
- While working on the paper, keep note of the time.
- By reading and putting into practice this CTET best students guide, that is, the preparation strategy plan, you can improve your preparation. Start your studies right away to improve your CTET Exam score.
- An early start is always helpful. Practice gives you a competitive advantage over others. But the trick to all of the preparation is knowing how to study for exams. Once you realize that, the rest of it doesn't seem quite as horrible.
Q1. What prerequisites you must meet before you can submit your CTET application?
Ans. For the online application procedure for CTET, a candidate must be in possession of the prerequisites listed below in order to avoid any last-minute issues-
- Before submitting the CTET Application Form, candidates must have their photograph and signature prepared in the appropriate format.
- The CBSE will not accept candidates' signatures in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Candidates must have all required documentation on hand when making an online payment.
- A Valid Email ID must be supplied at the time of CTET registration.
Changes made in offline modes, such as by fax, application, email, etc., will not be approved. There will be no response to any correspondence in this regard.
Q2. What is the CTET exam application fee?
Ans. The application fee for General/OBC (NCL) applicants is INR 1000 for Paper I or Paper II, or INR 1200 for both Paper I and Paper II. The cost for Paper I or Paper II for SC/ST/Differently Abled Person categories is INR 500, while the cost for both papers is INR 600.
Q3. What is the CTET official website for filling out the application form, and how many exam papers are scheduled?
Ans. On the (Central Teacher Eligibility Test's) CTET official website, ctet.nic.in, applicants can view the application form for the exam. There are two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2, for the CTET exam's primary and secondary levels.