How To Read NCERT Books For UPSC
Nov 16, 2022, 16:45 IST
UPSC CSE is the most challenging exam in India. Clearing it gives you the authority and power to do good for society and its people. With prestige, it gives you job security, social status, and a reasonable payout at the end of every month. As mentioned earlier, UPSC is India's most challenging exam, and clearing it isn't a cakewalk. We all know "Success comes with a Cost!" To clear UPSC, you must study many books. Every student knows to start your preparation, NCERT Books are the best books. But I don't know how to read this book. Suppose you want to know the best way to read NCERT Books for the UPSC exam. This article is only for you.
Why reading NCERT Book is essential for UPSC aspirants?
NCERT books are considered essential reading books to form the basis of civil service exams. It covers all the crucial topics and offers an evident conceptual clarity. Below we have shared the benefits of reading NCERT TextBooks. These are the following:
Simple to kick start your preparation:
Civil service applicants are generally encouraged to start with NCERT and prepare for UPSC. Students should read first. The reason is that the information given in this book is easy to understand and straightforward. Because it helps build a solid foundation. The NCERT book presents concise information in simple, easy-to-understand language. These books are not helpful in prelims exams but also for the main exam too.
NCERT books are considered a natural source of information. Experts and government officials have carefully designed its curricula as the old NCERT is suggested for civil service aspirants. Students are advised to update themselves accordingly.
Helps to build a strong foundation:
NCERT books are considered essential reading books to form the basis of civil service exams. It covers all the vital topics and offers an unequivocal conceptual clarity. Therefore, the NCERT book is also used as a measure for performance evaluation and improvement.
Direct Questions from NCERT Books:
By analyzing the previous year's question paper, it is found that some questions directly come from NCERT books in the UPSC examination.
How to read NCERT Books for Civil Service Examinations like UPSC
When you start reading NCERT Books, it does matter what you read, but more important is how you read. The best way to learn to read NCERT for UPSC is to start class-wise and then move to the subject-wise. It's always a good idea to select NCERT books by subject so that the concepts are clear and the information lasts much longer. Reading the NCERT book will also help you understand the topic easily.
- Always keep UPSC Syllabus while reading NCERT Books. It will help you to build a correlation between the topics.
- The first reading should be made just to get an overview of the concepts.
- Start with the subject of your interest. It's up to you to choose studying Class wise or subject-wise NCERT books. But choosing the second method can help you more because learning one subject without any gap will help you understand its concepts easily and for a long time. But studying the same subject, again and again, can make you bored so look for another subject.
- Complete the first reading of the subject from Classes 6 to 12. The first reading will help you understand the topics and concepts. You should start making notes from the second reading.
- When you will read further, take a pencil and eraser. After reading about the syllabus, try to erase things that seem unimportant and mark essential points in the book.
- Each subject's note-taking requires a different style and approach to note-taking. Notes should always be 3/4 the size of the chapter to make it realistic to review. During the final reading phase of NCERT, try using a marker to highlight important points and the basic concepts covered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How many NCERT books are required to read for the UPSC exam?
Ans. To clear the UPSC exam and become an IAS officer, you must study at least 42-45 NCERT books combining all the classes.
Q2. How much time does it take to study NCERT books?
Ans. For UPSC, you need to study 42-45 NCERT books. One needs at least 3-4 days to complete a book with 15-16 chapters. (for the lower class, you can complete it in one day.) So, it would take 3-3.5 months to complete all the NCERT Books.
Q3. How can you complete NCERT Books in 3 months?
Ans. By following these points, you will be able to complete all the NCERT Books in 3 months.
- Make a timetable according to your daily schedule.
- Study NCERT Books at least 6-8 hours per day.
- Have a goal on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. It will help you motivate yourself and track your progress.
- After completing a goal, reward yourself. Rewarding yourself will help you to motivate yourself to achieve your next destination.
- How To Read NCERT Books For UPSC
- Freedom Fighters of India
- Different Types of Angles
- Ascending Order
- What is the difference between IIT and JEE
- Basic Things About A Sphere
- Learn Trigonometric Table With Tricks
- Importance of Algebra with Reasons
- Is Cancer Dangerous to Life
- Frequently Used Physics formulas, List of Basic Physics Formulas pdf and Physics Symbols