NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Social Science Geography
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Geography is essential to enhance social science understanding. Class 8 Social Sciences syllabus aims to equip students with a thorough understanding of society's functions. It consists of three core subjects: History, Civics, and Geography, which enable students to develop clear thinking and grasp the significance of our past, present policies, and future possibilities.
Class 8 Social Science Geography Resources and Development comprises 6 significant chapters crucial for exam preparation. Students can utilize the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography to enrich their study sessions and perform better. These expert-prepared solutions provide valuable guidance, enhancing students' understanding and exam scores.
Students can access the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography, a reliable and accurate online study material to aid their preparation for final exams. These resources are prepared by experienced teachers who deeply understand the subject matter.
Additionally, students can access NCERT solutions for Class 8 Geography and solutions for Class 8 Math and Science and other subjects by providing links below to achieve higher marks in their examinations.
Explore the chapter-wise NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science (Geography) - Resources and Development. These solutions, prepared by experts in Social Science from Physics Wallah, are presented comprehensively. Delve into these solutions to thoroughly understand the concepts covered in each chapter.
|NCERT Solutions Class 8 Social Science (Geography) Chapter-wise List|
|Chapter 1 - Resources|
|Chapter 2 - Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation, and Wild Life Resources|
|Chapter 3 - Mineral and Power Resources|
|Chapter 4 - Agriculture|
|Chapter 5 - Industries|
|Chapter 6 - Human Resources|
The NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography, Resources, and Development, have been crafted to offer students a clear understanding of the environment. These solutions, crafted by top subject matter experts, offer insights into the resources we use, the industries we work in, and the sectors vital to our livelihoods. Utilizing these chapter-wise solutions will accelerate your exam preparation. Experienced teachers have meticulously researched and structured Solutions for each chapter, ensuring a strong foundational understanding.
The NCERT Solutions for class 8 geography are compiled following a specific format that systematically covers each topic in an organized manner. This approach allows students to cover one topic at a time, progressively advancing through the chapter and completing their preparation thoroughly.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 - Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation, and Wildlife Resources
This chapter focuses on the influence of land, water, and soil type on the lifestyle of people residing in a particular region. We will differentiate between abiotic resources like water, soil, and land and biotic resources like wildlife and natural vegetation. Topics covered include land use and conservation, soil formation and degradation, water-related issues and conservation, and natural vegetation and wildlife distribution and conservation.
India's geological diversity provides various mineral resources scattered throughout its rocky crust. This chapter delves into the study of minerals, their types (metallic and non-metallic), distribution, and conservation. It also introduces power resources, including conventional and non-conventional energy sources like tidal and biogas.
Agriculture involves the cultivation of crops, flowers, fruits, and vegetables and the rearing of livestock. It plays a significant role in the livelihoods of more than half of the country's workforce, with over 70% of rural households depending on it. This chapter covers topics such as nomadic herding, types of farming, plantation, and major crops. We will also learn about agricultural development and its importance.
- The average dairy cow produces 22.5 quarts of milk each day. That’s about 16,000 glasses of milk per year – enough for about 40 people. One cow can give 200,000 glasses of milk in a lifetime.
- It takes approximately 1.4 gallons of milk to make 1 gallon of ice cream.
- A typical, full grown Holstein cow weighs about 1,400 pounds and produces 60 pounds of milk per day.
- One day's production is 2.6 pounds of butter or 7 gallons of milk or 6 pounds of cheese.
- A dairy cow consumes 35 gallons of water, 20 pounds of grain and concentrated feed and 35 pounds of hay or silage (a mixture of corn and grass) in just one day.
- Lettuce is a member of the sunflower family.
- Darker Green lettuce leaves are more nutritious than lighter green leaves.
- Lettuce is the second most popular fresh vegetable.
- Almost all lettuce is packed right in the field.
- About 25% of all iceberg lettuce is made into fresh-cut salads.
- Apples are a member of the rose family.
- Apples are high in fiber.
- The apples from one tree can fill 20 boxes every year.
- Fresh apples float because 25 percent of their volume is air.
- In the winter, apple trees need to rest for about 900 to 1,000 hours below 45° Fahrenheit in order to flower and fruit properly.
- If you grew 100 apple trees from the seeds of one tree, they would
Industries encompass economic activities related to the manufacturing of goods, extraction of minerals, and provision of services. This chapter studies various industries and the factors that influence their location. It covers topics such as the industrial system, industrial regions, and the distribution of major industries.
- Primary Sector Definition- This involves the extraction of resources directly from the Earth, this includes farming, mining and logging. They do not process the products at all. They send it off to factories to make a profit.
- Secondary Sector Definition- This group is involving processing products from primary industries. This includes all factories—those that refine metals, produce furniture, or pack farm products such as meat.
- Tertiary Sector Definition- This group is involved in the provision of services. They include teachers, managers and other service providers.
- Quaternary Sector Definition- This group is involved in the research of science and technology. They include scientists.
- Quinary Sector Sector Definition-Some considers there to be a branch of the quaternary sector called the quinary sector, which includes the highest levels of decision-making in a society or economy. This sector would include the top executives or officials in such fields as government, science, universities, nonprofits, healthcare, culture, and the media.
Humans are considered the ultimate resource but are not equally distributed in age, sex, education, characteristics, and numbers. This chapter focuses on concepts related to human resources, such as population distribution, density, factors affecting distribution, and patterns of population change.
- Arithmetic density: The overall number of inhabitants/ land area (calculated in sq miles or km2).
- Agricultural density: The overall agrarian population/area of productive farming land.
- Physiological density: The overall population/area of productive farming land.
- Urban density: Population peopling a metropolitan region/overall area of a metropolitan region.
- Residential density: Population inhabiting a metropolitan region/area of housing space.
- Ecological optimum: Population density which is backed by the natural reserves.
|NCERT Solutions Class 8 Social Science (Geography) Chapter-wise List|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography Chapter 1 - Resources|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 - Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation, and Wildlife Resources|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography Chapter 3 - Mineral and Power Resources|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography Chapter 4 - Agriculture|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography Chapter 5 - Industries|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Geography Chapter 6 - Human Resources|
- Familiarize yourself with the syllabus and know the weightage of each chapter.
- Allocate fixed study time daily for Geography to retain information effectively.
- Create a study plan with achievable goals to stay motivated.
- Use NCERT textbooks to understand concepts thoroughly.
- Make concise notes for quick revision before exams.
- Practice interpreting maps and diagrams to grasp geographical concepts.
- Focus on understanding concepts rather than memorizing facts.
- Practice map reading and locating places to improve map skills.
- Solve sample papers to get acquainted with the exam pattern.
Physics Wallah is a preferred platform for Class 8 Social Science NCERT Solutions for several reasons:
- Success-Focused Approach: Physics Wallah helps students excel in exams with its success-oriented approach.
- Comprehensive Solutions: Their NCERT solutions thoroughly cover Class 8 Social Science, benefiting students' studies.
- Trusted by Top Scorers: Physics Wallah has gained credibility from high-achieving students who trust its resources.
- Emphasis on Important Questions: The platform focuses on essential questions, aiding better exam preparation and targeting crucial topics.
- Convenient PDF Format: Solutions are available in a user-friendly PDF format, accessible on various devices, and easily shareable.
- Flexible Learning: Students can access the solutions on smartphones, tablets, and laptops, allowing for convenient learning on the go.
- Simple Sign-up Process: The sign-up process on Physics Wallah is straightforward, enabling quick access to learning materials.
- Recognized Education Portal: Physics Wallah is a reputable education portal known for outstanding academic resources.
Q1. What is the purpose of the Class 8 Social Science syllabus?
Ans. The Class 8 Social Science syllabus aims to equip students with a thorough understanding of society's functions through subjects like History, Civics, and Geography.
Q2. Where can students find NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Geography?
Ans. Students can find NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Geography online, provided by experienced teachers from Physics Wallah.
Q3. What are the chapters covered in Class 8 Geography NCERT Solutions?
Ans. Class 8 Geography NCERT Solutions cover a range of chapters, including Resources, Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation, Wildlife Resources, Mineral and Power Resources, Agriculture, Industries, and Human Resources.
Q4. What are the preparation tips for Class 8 Social Science Geography?
Ans. Preparation tips for Class 8 Social Science Geography include familiarizing with the syllabus, allocating fixed study time daily, creating a study plan, using NCERT textbooks, making concise notes, practicing map interpretation, and solving sample papers.
Q5. Why is Physics Wallah preferred for NCERT Solutions?
Ans. Physics Wallah is preferred for NCERT Solutions because of its success-focused approach, comprehensive solutions, trust from top scorers, emphasis on important questions, convenient PDF format, flexible learning options, simple sign-up process, and recognition as a reputable education portal.