. A scheduled bank is that bank which is
B: not - nationalized
C: based in a foreign country
D: included in the second schedule of R.B.I
Schedule Bank :
- A scheduled bank is a bank included in the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and granted the status of Scheduled Commercial Banks from time to time by the Central Government or RBI.
- These banks are required to meet certain minimum standards before being included in the schedule.
A). Nationalized means it is under the control of the government of India.
- The banks are not under the control of the Government, therefore, it is an incorrect answer.
C). Based in a foreign country means the bank operates outside India or its headquarters are located outside India.
- This question does not mention that they operate outside India nor are their headquarters are located outside India, hence it is wrong
D). Included in the second schedule of RBI means approved by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The banks listed above have been approved by RBI and hence it is the correct answer.
Final answer :
- Hence, the correct option is D. included in the second schedule of R.B.I.