. Answer the following questions briefly
Why is Lakshadweep known as a coral island?
- The coral islands of Lakshadweep are known as Lakshadweep.
- Corals are made up of the bones of tiny sea creatures known as polyps.
- When they die, their skeletal remnants collect on the seabed, causing coral islands to form.
- The coral island of Lakshadweep is named so because it is made up of coral, which are the skeletons of tiny marine organisms known as polyps.
- They continue to grow higher and higher, eventually forming coral islands.