. Assess the significance of the central location of India in the Indian Ocean
- India's central location is significant for several reasons:
- India is situated in the middle of Asia, between East and West.
- India is the Asian continent's southernmost outpost.
- The Trans Indian Ocean routes link the countries of Western Europe with those of East Asia.
- The Deccan Peninsula juts into the Indian Ocean, allowing India to communicate with West Asia, Africa, and Europe from the west coast and South East and East Asia from the east coast.
- The importance of India in the Indian Ocean merits the naming of an ocean after it.
- India is situated in the middle of Asia, between east and west.
- India is the Asian continent's southernmost extension.
- The Trans Indian Ocean routes connect western European countries with eastern Asian ones.