. Cinnabar is an ore of
- Ores are naturally occurring rocks of minerals that contain different valuable parts such as metals .
- Minerals are raw forms in which ores exist .
- Cinnabar is an ore of mercury (Hg) .
- It is composed of mercury sulfide (HgS) . It is a toxic chemical compound for humans .
- It is the biggest source of mercury in the world .
- Sulfides are converted into oxide ores by heating them in excess air . This process is called roasting .
The correct answer is D , i.e. , Hg .