. Describe the main features of the Salt March
Explanation and Answer:
The main features of the ‘Salt March’ were:
- Gandhiji began the historic Dandi March Salt March from Sabarmati Ashram Ahmedabad along with 78 trusted volunteers.
- The distance was 240 miles from Sabarmati Ashram to Dandi.
- The volunteers kept walking 10 miles a days for 24 days.
- Thousands of people came to hear what Gandhiji had to say.
- The meaning of Swaraj was explained to them.
- On 6th April he reached Dandi and violated the salt law by manufacturing salt through boiling sea water.