. DNA replication occurs in which phase of cell cycle
Mitosis is a type of cell decision in which a single is divided into two nearly equal and identical cells.
• Prophase is the first phase of mitosis or meiosis.
• During prophase, the chromatin material condenses to form chromosomes and nuclear membrane breaks and formation of spindle fiber starts.
• During interphase, the DNA content of the cell replicates and prepares itself for the further division of the cell.
• It is also known as the preparatory phase and is the longest phase of the cell cycle.
• After prophase, metaphase begins.
• During metaphase, the chromosomes get arranged at the metaphasic plate.
• Chromosomes also get attached to spindle fibers.
• Cytokinesis is followed by karyokinesis.
• First of all division of nucleus takes place after that division of cytoplasm occurs, giving rise to daughter cells.
Final answer :-
The correct answer is interphase, i.e option ( C ).