- Question Answer
- Environmental aspects must be carefully looked into before building huge dams. Give reason
. Environmental aspects must be carefully looked into before building huge dams. Give reason
Construction of a huge dam creates large scale destruction of natural vegetation and wildlife in those areas, which get submerged. This is not good for the ecosystem. Hence, environmental aspects must be carefully looked into, before building huge dams.
- Boojho and Paheli performed experiments taking similar bulbs and cells but two different solutions A and B as shown in Fig.14.1
- What are the sources of environmental pollution in your area? Discuss with respect to (a) air; (b) water and (c) soil.
- How can laws ensure that markets work in a manner that is fair? Give two examples to support your answer.
- What do we mean when we speak of law enforcement? Who is responsible for enforcement? Why is enforcement so important
- Talk to two workers (For example, construction workers, farm workers, factory workers, workers at any shop)
- Data on some of the public facilities are collected as part of the Census. Discuss with your teacher when and how the Census is conducted.
- Do you think the distribution of public facilities in our country is adequate and fair? Give an example of your own to explain.
- Why are most of the private hospitals and private schools located in major cities and not in towns or rural areas