. Enzymes are made up of
A: edible proteins
B: proteins with specific structure
C: nitrogen containing carbohydrates
- Enzymes are used as a biocatalyst and are proteins which inturn are the long chains of amino acids.
- They contain multiple groups of α - amino acids which are bonded together by a peptide linkage.
- Amino acids are joined to each other during the process of protein synthesis.
- The enzymes are basically substances that help chemical reactions to occur quickly by catalyzing biochemical reactions.
- Enzymes are made up of proteins with specific structure.
Hence, the correct answer is option B: proteins with specific structure.