- Question Answer
- Fill in the blanks with the help of words given in the bracket after each sentence
. Fill in the blanks with the help of words given in the bracket after each sentence
(1) When air is contaminated by ________ substances which have a ________ effect on both the ________ and _______, it is referred to as ________.
(2) Many _______ are responsible for causing ________ pollution. Petroleum ________ are a major source of _______ pollutants like _______ and ________.
(Sulphur dioxide, refineries, industries, nitrogen dioxide, gaseous, liquid, people, air ).
(3) While ________ your teeth, leaving the ______ running may waste several ______ of water.
(tap, litres, brushing, washing, drops ).
(4) Water which is suitable for _______ is called _______ water.
(washing, bathing, drinking, potable, soft).
(5) Water which looks clean still has disease carrying _______ and _______ impurities.
(insects, micro organism, particles, dissolved, harmful).
Ans. (a) unwanted, harmful, living, non-living, air pollution.
(b) industries, air, refineries, gaseous, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide.
(c) brushing, tap, litres
(d) drinking, potable
(e) microorganisms, dissolved.