. Give chemical name formula and uses of Plaster of Paris
Chemical name is Calcium Sulphate Hemihydrate.
Chemical formula of plaster of paris is represented by the formula CuSO4.1/2H2O.
Uses of Plaster of Paris or POP
1. Light weight and has a longer lifespan.
2. Poor thermal conductivity.
3. It has a high fire resistance and hence is an excellent heat insulator.
4. It is unlikely to induce surface cracking.
5. It has no discernible chemical action on paint and is unaffected by alkali.
6. Plaster of Paris adds a decorative touch to any room.
Chemical name Calcium Sulphate Hemihydrate.
Chemical formula CuSO4.1/2H2O.
Uses : Mainly use for decorative purposes and construction.