- Question Answer
- If the apparent degree of ionization of KCl (KCl = 74.5 gm/mole) in water at 290°K is 0.86.
. If the apparent degree of ionization of KCl (KCl = 74.5 gm/mole) in water at 290°K is 0.86.
Calculate the mass of KCl which must be made upto 1 litre of aq. solution to the same osmotic pressure as the 4% solution of glucose at that temperature.
- From question, degree of ionization = a = 0.86
- = 1+ 0.86 = 1.86
- For Osmotic pressure of glucose,
- For 4% glucose solution,
- Weight of glucose = 4 gm, volume of solution = V = 1L = 1dm3
- Molecular weight of glucose C6H12O6= m = 180