. In Bougainvillea thorns are the modifications of
C: Adventitious root
- Leaves are modified into spines to reduce the loss of water and also these spines act as defense systems.
- Bougainvillea do not bear spines as their leaves are not modified.
- Stipules are leaf-like outgrowth developed on both sides of the petiole.
- In some plants, stipules are modified into spines.
- Adventitious roots provide mechanical support and help in the storage of food.
- In bougainvillea, tap root system is present.
- In bougainvillea, thorns are small, sharp and pointed modification of axillary buds of the stem.
Final answer :-
The correct answer is stem, i.e option (D).