. Length of human alimentary canal is
A: 100 cm
B: 3 - 4 m
C: 4 - 6 m
D: 6 - 9 m
- The alimentary canal varies in size from one animal species to the next.
- It's a long tube in which food goes through before being digested and absorbed.
- From the oesophagus to the anus, the alimentary canal in humans is around 9 metres long.
- This is primarily due to the small intestine's extended shape.
- The small intestine makes up around two-thirds of the alimentary canal's length.
- The length of the human alimentary canal will be 6 to 9 metres depending on the circumstances.
- Therefore, the alimentary canal, often known as the digestive tract, is a vital part of human digestion. From the oesophagus to the anus, the alimentary canal is around 30 feet long.
Hence the correct answer is option D: 6-9m.