- Question Answer
- List two Fundamental Rights in the Constitution that Dalits can draw upon tosist that they be treated with dignity and as equals
. List two Fundamental Rights in the Constitution that Dalits can draw upon tosist that they be treated with dignity and as equals
Re-read the Fundamental Rights listed on page 14 to help you answer this question.
Answer: The two fundamental rights that Dalits can draw upon to insist that they be treated with dignity and as equals are:
Right to Equality: All persons are equal before the law. No citizen can be discriminated against on the basis of his or her socioeconomic background, caste, religion etc. Every person has equal right of access to all public places.
Right to Freedom: This includes the right to freedom of speech and expression, the right to move freely, the right to form associations, the right to reside in any part of the country and the right to practise any kind of profession, occupation or business.
- Boojho and Paheli performed experiments taking similar bulbs and cells but two different solutions A and B as shown in Fig.14.1
- What are the sources of environmental pollution in your area? Discuss with respect to (a) air; (b) water and (c) soil.
- How can laws ensure that markets work in a manner that is fair? Give two examples to support your answer.
- What do we mean when we speak of law enforcement? Who is responsible for enforcement? Why is enforcement so important
- Talk to two workers (For example, construction workers, farm workers, factory workers, workers at any shop)
- Data on some of the public facilities are collected as part of the Census. Discuss with your teacher when and how the Census is conducted.
- Do you think the distribution of public facilities in our country is adequate and fair? Give an example of your own to explain.
- Why are most of the private hospitals and private schools located in major cities and not in towns or rural areas