. Modern periodic law was proposed by
A: Dmitri Mendeleev
B: Henry Moseley
C: J.A.R. Newlands
D: Niels Bohr
- Modern periodic law propounded that “the physical and chemical properties of the elements are periodic function of their atomic numbers”.
- Henry Moseley proposed modern periodic law in 1913.
- Henry Moseley detected consistency in the characteristic X-ray spectra of elements by plotting against atomic numbers.
- Henry Moseley showed that atomic number is the fundamental property of an element.
- Modern periodic law utilized atomic numbers for the arrangement of elements and to depict their periodic properties along the periods and groups.
- Dmitri Mendeleev introduced periodic law and periodic table of elements based on atomic weight.
- John Alexander Newlands propounded law of octaves in 1865.
- Niels Bohr introduced a quantized shell atomic model for explaining electrons stability around the nucleus in 1913.
Hence, the correct option is B: i.e. Henry Moseley.