. Name one natural source of each of the following acids
(a) Citric acid
(b) Oxalic acid
(c) Lactic acid
(d) Tartaric acid
- Acids are substances with sour tastes and are electron pair acceptors.
- Citric acid is found naturally in citrus fruits like lemon, oranges, and grapefruits.
- Oxalic acid is found naturally in spinach, broccoli, cabbage, and tomato.
- Lactic acid is found naturally in curd, fermented dairy products, and fermented soy foods.
- Tartaric acid is found naturally in tamarind, and grapes.
Hence, natural sources are Lemon (citric acid), Tomato (Oxalic acid), Curd (Lactic acid), and Tamarind (Tartaric acid).