. Number of spiracles in Cockroach is
A: 6 pairs
B: 8 pairs
C: 10 pairs
D: 12 pairs
- A total of 10 pairs of spiracles are found in cockroaches.
- Spiracles are the external openings of tracheal tubes.
- Following are the positions of pairs found between the pleural membrane of the prothorax and mesothorax
- The first pair is found between the pleural membrane of the prothorax and mesothorax.
- The second pair is present on the pleural membranes between the mesothorax and metathorax.
- The third to the eighth pair is present on the pleural membrane of the first eight abdominal segments.
- The last two abdominal segments do not have spiracles.
Hence option C: 10 pairs is the correct option.