. Opposite phyllotaxy is present in
D: China rose
- Phyllotaxy is the arrangement of leaves on stem branches.
- There are 3 forms of phyllotaxy present. There are three types: opposing, whorled, and spiral, as well as alternate.
- In the alternate kind, a leaf appears at each node in a different order. Examples are china rose, sunflower, grass.
- In the opposing kind, each node produces a pair of leaves that are opposite to one other. Calotropis and guava are two examples.
- More than two leaves emerge from a node to produce a whorl in the whorled kind. For instance, Alstonia and Hydrilla.
- As a result, the right response is 'Calotropis.'
Final Answer :
The correct answer is Option B : Calotropis