. Regression coefficient is independent of
A: Units of measurement
B: Scale and origin
C: Both are correct
D: None of them
- The regression coefficient is a measure of how closely two or more variables are related.
- In the Regression equation Ye=a+bX,b'b' stands for the regression coefficient.
- The slope of the line is determined by it.
- When a single independent variable is increased by one in a regression, the coefficient indicates how much the dependent
variable is predicted to rise if the coefficient is positive or drop if the coefficient is negative.
- The regression coefficient is unaffected by the units of measurement, scale, or origin.
Hence, the correct option is C, i.e. Both are correct.