- Question Answer
- Sliding friction is .................. than rolling friction. Fill in the blank.
. Sliding friction is .................. than rolling friction. Fill in the blank.
C: same as
D: cant say
- The friction of sliding is greater than that of rolling.
- When a body rolls over another, rolling friction is the resistance to motion it encounters.
- For the same pair of bodies, it is substantially less than sliding friction.
- There is no sliding or slipping between two bodies as one rolls over the other.
- There is no surface of contact if both are fully stiff. When there is no surface contact, friction is minimal.
Hence, option A is correct, i.e., greater.