. The audible frequency range of a human ear is
A: 20 Hz to 200 Hz
B: 2 Hz to 20 Hz
C: 200 Hz to 2000 Hz
D: 20 Hz to 20000 Hz
- A periodic vibration with a frequency in the human hearing range is referred to as audible frequency.
- The hertz is the SI unit of frequency (Hz).
- 20Hz to 20000Hz is the range of audible frequency.
- In most individuals, the top limit is around 15–17 kHz.
- Infrasonic frequency refers to frequencies below 20 Hz.
- Ultrasonic frequency refers to frequencies above 20000Hz.
The audible frequency range of a human ear is 20 Hz to 20000 Hz (i.e) option D.