. The numbers 2point745 and 2point735 on rounding
rounding off to 3 significant figures will give:
A: 2.75 and 2.74
B: 2.74 and 2.73
C: 2.75 and 2.73
D: 2.74 and 2.74
- Let us round off 2.745 to 3 significant figures.
- If the preceding digit is even and the digit to be eliminated is 5, the preceding digit is kept untouched.
- As a result, rounding off 2.745 yields2.74.
- Consider2.737; the digit to be eliminated is 5, and if the preceding digit is odd, it is increased by one.
- As a result, rounding off 2.734 to three significant digits yields 2.74.
The correct answer is D i.e 2.74 and 2.74.