. The phenotypic ratio in dihybrid cross is
A: 9 : 3 : 3 : 1
B: 9 : 2 : 2 : 1
C: 7 : 2 : 2 : 3
D: 5 : 3 : 3 : 2
- Dihybrid is a cross between two individuals differing in two traits/characters.
- In Mendel's dihybrid cross, the parents are - plants with round yellow colored seeds (RRYY) and plants with green colored wrinkled seeds (rryy).
- The F1 progeny are round and yellow seeds (RrYy).
- The F1 progeny is allowed to self-fertilize to produce F2 generation exhibiting 4 different phenotypes-Yellow round (9), yellow wrinkled (3), green round (3), and green wrinkled seed plants (1).
- The phenotypic ratio of the dihybrid cross is ratio 9:3:3:1( round yellow seeds: wrinkled yellow seeds: round green seeds: wrinkled green seeds).
- The dihybrid cross is shown in the figure.
Final Answer: Hence, the correct answer is (A) 9 : 3 : 3 : 1.