. What is the Functions of Testosterone
Functions of Testosterone:
1. Controls the growth and development of male secondary sex organs like epididymis, prostate glands, seminal vesicles and penis.
2. Stimulates the development of male secondary sexual characters like beard, moustaches, deepening of voice, broadening of shoulders, increased height due to elongation of bones and increased development of limbs.
3. It is responsible for sex-urge for a female partner.
4. Androgens produce anabolic (synthetic) effects on protein and carbohydrate metabolism.
5. Stimulates spermatogenesis and maturation of sperms. It also increases the fertilizing power of the sperms.