. What were the major teachings of Baba Guru Nanak
- Baba Guru Nanak preached the importance of the worship of one God.
- He insisted to the disciple that caste, creed or gender was irrelevant for attaining liberation.
- He used the terms nam, dan and isnan for the spirit of his teaching, which actually meant right worship, welfare of others and purity of conduct.
- His teaching are known as nam-japna, kirt-karna and vand-chhakna.
- He emphasized on right-belief and worship, honest living and helping others.
Baba Guru Nanak taught about the worship of one god, he insisted to the people that caste, creed or gender was irrelevant for gaining liberation, he tought welfare of other, honest living and helps others.