. Why is the apple referred to as a false fruit
- After fertilization, in a normal plant ovule forms a seed and the ovary becomes the fruit.
- Fertilized ovary becomes fruit in the case of true fruits.
- False fruit is formed from another part of the plant except for the ovary such as the thalamus, calyx, and perianth.
- Apple is considered a false fruit because it is formed from the thalamus of the flower.
- False fruit is also considered a pseudo-carp.
Apple does not grow from the ovary. It is formed without fertilization.