. Write any two functions of blood
The function of blood includes-
- Blood transports oxygen from the lungs to the cell of the body and carbon dioxide from the body cells to the lungs.
- It also transports heat and other metabolic waste from the organs for elimination from the body.
- It also carries nutrients from the alimentary canal and hormones from the endocrine glands.
- It helps to maintain the homeostasis of all body fluids.
- Water in the plasma has coolant and absorbing properties, which helps to regulate body temperature.
- The blood maintains the pH of the body by the use of a buffer system.
- The osmotic pressure of the blood influences the water content present in the cells, due to interaction between ions and proteins.
Functions of the blood include-transportation, regulation, and also other functions such as protection.