. Write down differences between fertilizers and manure
The few differences between manure and fertilizer are listed below:
- Fertilizer is inorganically prepared, while manure is obtained organically from the decomposed plant and animal material.
- Fertilizer is absorbed readily by the plants from the soil, while absorption of manure by the plants is slow.
- Fertilizer is enriched with nutrients which is necessary for the plants, while manure is comparatively low in nutrient content.
- Fertilizer does not add humus to the soil, while manure adds humus to the soil when applied.
- Fertilizer is prepared synthetically in factories, while manure is prepared in fields.
- Storage and transportation of fertilizer is quite convenient, while storage and transportation of manure is difficult.
- Example of fertilizer is ammonia and that of manure is green manure.
Hence, fertilizers and manure have several differences as listed above.