ICSE Worksheet for chapter-19 Thermionic Emission and Radioactivity class 10
Worksheet For class 10
This page is prepared by the Academic team of Physics Wallah which consists of ICSE Board Worksheet for Class 10 Physics. Students of Class 10 Physics can get a free Worksheet for Class 10 Physics in PDF format prepared as per the newest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools.
Standard 10 students can practice questions and answers which are given here for Physics in Grade 10 that will help them to improve their knowledge of all important chapters and their topics. Students can also download free pdf of Class 10 Physics Notes prepared by teachers and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more scores in school exams and tests.
If any students need to take the online test to check their concepts or undertstanding then they can visit Physics Quiz for Class 10.
- Thermionic emission of hot cathode ray tube - Introduction; principle; deflection of charged particles by electric fields and florescence produced by electrons
- Radioactivity and changes in the nucleus - Introduction; nucleus and its corresponding properties ; radioactivity as spontaneous disintegration α β γ ; harmful effects and safety precautions for radiations
Section 1 - Objective
Q1. The minimum amount of energy required to emit electrons from a metal surface is called the:
- Ionization energy
- Dissociation energy
- Cohesive energy
- Work function
Q2. The work function of tungsten coated with barium oxide is nearly:
Q3. The electron emitter must have:
- Low work function and low melting point
- High work function and high melting point
- High work function and low melting point
- Low work function and high melting point
Q4. A TV tube requires an accelerating voltage of the order:
- 150 volt
- 1000 volt
- 20 kV
- 500 kV
Q5. Electrons was discovered by:
- Neil Bohr
- J.J. Thomson
- R.A. Millikan
Q6. The charge on an atom is:
- None of these
Q7. Isotone of an element has –
- Same number of electrons
- Same number of protons
- Same number of neutrons
- Same number of neutrons and protons
Q8. An isotones of 32Ge76 is
- 32 Ge77
Q9. The triad of nuclei that is isotonic is:
- 146C, 157N , 179F
- 126C, 147N ,199F
- 146C, 147N, 179F
- 146C, 147N, 199F
Q10. An example of nuclear fusion reaction is:
- 23390Th + 10n → 23490Th
- 2713Al + 42He → 3015P + 10n
- 32He + 32He → 42He + 211H
- 23992U → 23993Np + 0-1e
Q11. Which particle is used to bombard 13Al28 to give 15P31 and a neutron?
Q12. Gamma rays are:
- High energy electrons
- Low energy electrons
- High energy electromagnetic waves
- High energy positrons
Q13. Which of the following radiation is least penetrating?
- β- particles
- γ – radiations
Q14. Which of the following radiation suffers maximum deflection in a magnetic field ?
- γ – radiations
Section 2 - Subjective
Q1. Define the term work function of a metal
Q2. State any three properties of α ,β and γ rays.
Q3. What do you mean by thermionic emission? State its two properties
Q4. XRnY→ 86Po218 + alpha- particles. Find X And Y.
Q5. In the labelled diagram answer the following
- What is represented by symbols A, B, C, D and E?
- States the purpose of A,’B,C and D.
Q6. Give one use of radio – isotopes. What is meant by backgroung radiations?
Q7. Name a common device where a hot cathode ray tube is used.
- State the two properties which a substance should posses when used as thermionic emitter.
Solutions: to worksheet-19 Topic-Thermionic Emission and Radioactivity
4. X=88, Y = 222
5. (i) A – Indirectly heated cathode
B – Electron beam
C – Anode
D – Plates to apply electric field
E – Filament
A – indirectly heated cathode emits electrons by passing current in the filament.
B – waves on screen
C – anode imparts a large velocity to the electron beam passing through its hole.
D – electric field is produced by applying between the plates
- Class 10 Physics Notes
- Class 10 Chemistry Notes
- Class 10 Biology Notes
- Class 10 Maths Notes
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Physics
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Chemistry
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Biology
- Chapter Wise Quiz Class 10 Maths
- Previous year Board Papers
- Sample Papers Maths Class 10
- Sample Papers Science Class 10
- NCERT Maths Solutions Class-10