CBSE Worksheet for chapter-7 Fluid class 9
Worksheet For class 9
Find CBSE Worksheet for chapter-7 Fluid class 9
Physics Worksheet - 7
For other CBSE Worksheet for class 9 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Fluids,Pressure in fluids, Thrust, Units of pressure
- Buoyancy force, Factors affecting buoyant force
- Archimedes principle, Relative density, Uses of Archimedes principle
- Physical meaning of relative density, Law of floatation
SECTION I – OBJECTIVE
If a force of 10 N acts perpendicularly on two surfaces (area in the ratio 1:2), then the ratio of thrust will be:
A force of 50 N is applied normally on a nail of area 0.001 sq.cm. Then the thrust is:
- 50 N
- 100 N
- 0.05 N
- 10 N
Pressure cannot be measured in:
- Scalar quantity.
- Normal force
- Vector quantity
- All the above are wrong
The atmosphere exerts a pressure of P on the surface of the earth, then P equals to:
- 1.01x105 N/m2
- 1.01x10-5 N/m2
- 1.01x107 N/m2
- 1.01x10-7 N/m2
Unit of relative density is:
- Unit less
A cylinder of wood floats vertically in water with one-fourth of its length out of water The density of wood is:
- 0.25 g/cm3
- 0.5 g/cm3
- 0.75 g/cm3
- 1 g/cm3
Two solids X and Y float on water, X floats with half of its volume submerged while Y floats with one-third of its volume out of water. The densities of X and Y are in the ratio of:
Archimedes principle is used to:
- Design ships
- Design Submarines
- Design Lactometers
- All of them
As we move upwards, the atmospheric pressure:
- Remains same
- cannot be said
SECTION II - SUBJECTIVE
Explain following terms:
- Pressure in fluid
- State Archimedes principle.
- What is the pressure due to man weighing 80 kg, standing on his feet? Area of his feet= 160 sq cm.
- (g = 10 m/s2)
- What is height of mercury which exerts the same pressure as 20 cm of water column?
- Take density of mercury as 13.6 g/cc.
- When an aluminium object is immersed in water, it displaces 5 kg of water.
- How much is the buoyant force acting on the aluminium object in newtons? (g= 10 m/s2)
- The relative density of silver is 10.5. The density of water is 103 kg/m3. What is the density of silver in S.I. unit?
- A body of volume 300 cm3 and relative density 1/3 is placed in water. Will it sink or float in water and what will be the volume of water displaced by it?.
Solutions: to worksheet-7 Fluid
Subjective Problems :
- 5x104 N/m2
- 1.48 cm.
- 50 N
- dAg = 10.5x103 kg/m3
Float, Volume = 100cm3