CBSE Worksheet for chapter-9 Wave Motion & Sound class 9
Worksheet For class 9
Find CBSE Worksheet for chapter-9 Wave Motion & Sound class 9
Physics Worksheet - 9
TOPIC: Wave Motion & Sound
For other CBSE Worksheet for class 9 Science check out main page of Physics Wallah.
- Wave motion, Classification of waves depending on medium & its direction of vibration
- Sound wave, Production of sound waves, Propagation of sound.
- Wave terminology, Range of hearing, Sonic boom.
- Reflection of sound, Speed of sound in different medium, Effect of temperature on speed of sound, Echo, Reverberation
- Audible, Ultrasonic and Infrasonic waves, Applications of ultrasound
- Sonar – Principle and working of sonar, The human ear
SECTION I – OBJECTIVE
What is velocity of sound in water at room temperature?
- 1500 m/s
- 330 m/s
- 1500 km/s
- 330 km/s
Pitch of high frequency sound is:
Voice of a friend is recognised by its:
A sonar echo takes 4.4sec to return from a submarine. If the speed of sound in water is 1500m/s, then the distance of submarine from the sonar is:
When sound waves travelling in air enter into the medium of water, the quantity which remains unchanged is:
The velocity of sound in air at 300C is approximately:
- 332 m/s
- 350 m/s
- 530 m/s
- 332 km/s
Velocity of sound is maximum in
The sound propagates in a gaseous medium by:
- Transverse waves
- Longitudinal waves
- Both A and B
- Neither A nor B
The frequency of a source of sound is 100 Hz. How many times does it vibrate in a minute?
Sound waves of wavelength ‘X’ travels from a medium in which their speed is V into a medium in which their speed is 4 V. The wavelength of sound in the second medium is:
SECTION II - SUBJECTIVE
Define the following terms related to sound waves:
- Mechanical wave & Non mechanical wave
- Transverse wave &longitudinal wave
- Define reverberation.
- With the help of a suitable diagram explain the working of human ear.
Define the following:
- Wave motion
- Write any three applications of ultra sound.
- A person has a hearing range from 20Hz to 20Khz. What are the typical wavelengths of sound waves in air corresponding to these two frequencies?(Speed of sound in air = 340m/s)
- A submarine emits a sonar pulse which returns from the underwater cliff in 1.02 sec. If the speed of sound in salt water is 1531m/s, how far away is the cliff?
Solutions: to worksheet-9 Wave Motion & Sound
Subjective Problems :
- 17m, 17mm
- 780.8 m